Product Owner/Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Product Owner/Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Troy, MI 48084
- Other Location
A leader in providing an enterprise ready omni-channel guest experience for the food service management and fast casual marketplace. We are looking for a creative and experienced Product Owner to join our fast-growing team.
The Product Owner will act as a key innovator and contributor to the ultimate success of our integrated suite of products driving compelling value to our customers. You will join our development team in building the next generation of our products while working closely with all stakeholders, including sales, subject matter experts, engineering, operations, compliance, quality assurance, and customer support.
We truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential.
- Research, learn and implement technologies to develop a background for successful product definition
- Employ and develop product planning and management best practices, establishing and executing reliable processes for collecting and prioritizing customer/market requirements
- Develop detailed product stories/requirements, in an agile environment, to ensure product delivery consistency with target personas, motivators and expectations
- Work closely with all stakeholders to communicate customer needs, adjust requirements based on technical feedback, prioritize requirements, and manage to change priorities
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of customer requirements
- Assess product value stream to identify areas that require improvements
- Monitor progress of product development, as well as plan for product release
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of sprint / release goals
- Participate in project retrospectives and provide feedback to improve products and development execution
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of total professional work experience preferably in IT and Business
- 3+ years of experience as an Agile Product Owner in a scrum team
- Bachelor's degree in Software engineering, business management or related disciplines
- Knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation, requirements and design modeling, documentation and communication
- Training and certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO) or as a certified scrum product owner (CSPO) a plus
- Must demonstrate leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for and ability to create software applications that meet customer needs
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to analyze and critically evaluate gathered information to resolve conflicts, anticipate issues, and make priority decisions
- Ability to decompose high-level concepts into details and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Driven, creative, and results-oriented applicants are highly preferred
Working Environment and Physical Conditions:
Office with desk, phone, modem, computer/laptop with network connections.
Travel up to 10% to meet with customers and stakeholders.