Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
- Job ID
- Sterling Heights, MI
- Other Location
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Provide engineering support for welding and possibly manual drill operations in the manufacture of combat products.
• Provides hands-on training to production welders/operators for manual and/or automated processes.
• Develop concepts, designs, performance, and fabrication, test, and modifications for these products. Recommends weld equipment and perishable tools for manual machine operation. • Evaluates non-conforming product and generates weld repair procedures where applicable.
• Interface with USG and customer representatives to resolve Weld Engineering-related issues.
• Prepares and conducts weld engineering analysis of materials and procedures, engaged in weld procedure, manual drill processes, and performance qualifications.
• The individual will need to utilize knowledge of metallurgy, material weldability, manual machine operation, and support of weld machines. • Reviews supplier capability and suitability to provide acceptable product and comply with government specifications.
Must have expert knowledge of concepts, practices, drawing standards and procedures of Weld Engineering processes.
• Must have production Fabrication weld process experience.
• Working experience with GMAW, GMAW-P, and automated/mechanized welding processes (Aluminum and Steel);
• Experience working to AWS D1.1, D1.2 or similar standard.
• Capable of working with current computer applications, CAD programs, and model manipulation.
• Possesses an understanding of equipment and technologies relevant to welding, weld engineering, and manual machine operation.
• Ability to solve complex technical problems that require a professional level of weld engineering knowledge and manufacturing processes.
• Need to work well in a team environment Will be required to work with customer (both internal and external)
• Experience creating or supporting the creation of PQRs and WPSs
• Experience working with a DoD or other U.S. Government customer preferred
• Proficient in ProE/Wildfire software helpful
• Certification with AWS as a CWI or other relevant certification is a plus.
• Moderate knowledge of nondestructive testing scope and capabilities.
• Practice of lean/6 sigma concepts as applied to manufacturing is a plus.
Experience Required 5 years experience in manufacturing of large weld fabrication structures.
Experience Preferred 7 years experience in manufacturing of large weld fabrication structures.
Education Required B.S. Or B.S technology Weld Engineering degree
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.