Regional Sales Manager, Specialty Sales - Florida
- Job Title
- Regional Sales Manager, Specialty Sales - Florida
- Job ID
- Tampa, FL
- Other Location
- Orlando, Gainesville, Jacksonville
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
FLORIDA (Home Office Based)
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search for a Regional Sales Manager focused on the Specialty Sales Market, to work from their home office, a company car will be provided.
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four U.S. marketed products include Baxdela® (delafloxacin), Vabomere® (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv® (oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. This portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
As the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) you will;
- Report to the Vice President, Specialty Sales and be responsible for hiring, leading, developing and retaining the Specialty Key Account Manager within assigned geography.
- Manage a sales territory incorporating 8-10 Account Managers, and designated geographic market segment.
- Manage all resources in terms of performance objectives and deliverables, including operational compliance and executional pull-through of key objectives.
- Ensure strong and consistent sales performance that exceeds forecast and expectations relating to product goals and driving accountability for all results throughout the assigned geography. The core customer base served includes clinicians’ offices, urgent care facilities, specialty clinics including wound care, hospitals and integrated delivery networks (IDN’s) within the geographic territory.
- Be a key member of an integrated Sales Leadership team, working closely with their RSM peers within Melinta and the National Sales Director, to insure full cooperation, transparency and facilitation of specific strategic priorities and performance goals.
- Work closely with Market Access to identify top private and public health plans, and navigate working across multiple internal stakeholders, sales teams, HUBs, etc. affiliated with HCPs and their Patients in the assigned geographies.
- Conduct dedicated coaching of customer facing resources within the geography to ensure every KAM demonstrates command of Payer Formularies and restrictive Utilization Management Criteria including Prior Authorization Processes, Step Edits, and Appeals.
- Set the tone for educating the Health Care Practitioner and key contacts within the site of care setting how to obtain appropriate access to Melinta products for patients; ensuring optimal access, effective pull-through, and understanding of access Services and program support relative to Melinta product portfolio.
- Ensure all KAM in the territory supports and understands the company and Commercial reimbursement strategy for Melinta products within various payer segments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increases sales in the geographical area by coaching, mentoring, supporting and managing the group of Key Account Managers (KAMs) in the area
- Develop regional sales plans for new business and expanding existing accounts
- Conduct field observations with each Key Account Manager, calling on assigned institutions
- Complete field coaching reports after each travel session
- Coach group to make effective sales presentations, achieve formulary approval/pull-through and develop relationships with key institutional contacts by offering examples that improve performance
- Plan and conduct effective sales meetings. Ensure compliance of Company policies and regional expectations.
- Implement new programs, compensation packages and marketing pieces as provided by the Home office
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales, Medical Affairs, National Accounts, Marketing, and Sales
- Administration on all needs, opportunities, Key Opinion Leader touch points, formulary changes and pull-through initiatives.
- Develop and deliver account specific strategies to profitably maintain and grow the business.
Your career will demonstrate the following attributes;
- Highly motivated, and confident results driven individual
- Must be able to work well independently and as a team member; under pressure and shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication, (written and oral) presentation and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills to ensure timelines are met, as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and continued industry related education.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Proven ability to coach and develop direct reports · Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong command and demonstrated ability to deliver results within Payor access and managed markets sectors and pull-through of patient support programs at the regional and local level.
- Ability to satisfy all credentialing protocols set by hospital clients.
- Not afraid to confront the facts (or be confronted) and develop a plan to move forward.
- Openness to feedback and coaching with a strong orientation towards continual learning and improvement. Ability to solicit, accept and provide direct feedback without defensiveness.
- Capacity to function in a highly complex company with ease, fluidity, while driving, and influencing results.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, yet results-focused.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
Industry Specific Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years successfully leading specialty sales representatives/key account managers
- Minimum of 10 years of related pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or training experience.
- Hospital experience strongly encouraged
- Leadership of Specialty retail team is required. Buy and Bill/institutional experience is strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred
75% travel. May involve some travel to conferences and/or sales meetings as necessary
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.