Medical Science Director - Chicago/Mid-West
- Job Title
- Medical Science Director - Chicago/Mid-West
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
Medical Science Director (MSD)
Chicago, IL (Mid-West Territory)
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search on behalf of Melinta for a Medical Science Director. This is a salaried role with Melinta with full benefits and a company car.
Finally, utilize your clinical and pharmacology experience, and your passion for improving outcomes for patients suffering from antimicrobial infectious disease to solve real problems! Make your mark by joining Melinta Therapeutics (Nasdaq – MLNT) a rapidly growing biopharmaceutical market leader in the infectious disease sector.
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four marketed products include Baxdela™ (delafloxacin), Vabomere™ (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv® (oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. It also has an extensive pipeline of preclinical and clinical-stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
If your passion is infectious disease treatment, there is simply no better company to join.
Melinta is currently looking for a highly trained, infectious disease pharmacist or physician to engage in peer-to-peer scientific/clinical discussions regarding relevant pathogens and infections pursuant to their antibiotic portfolio. In this role, the Medical Science Director will partner with KOLs and medical institutions to solutions to patient access obstacles to Melinta’s products including product and infection type data, microbiology/laboratory issues, and clinical pathways.
As a Medical Science Director you will;
Provide scientific and clinical education to HCPs and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) to enhance knowledge of Melinta’s antimicrobial portfolio. through scientific exchange. TheMSD will identify and assist in overcoming perceived institutional barriers to Melinta products by developing and delivering clinical solutions in primarily the hospital setting. The MSD will be accountable to predefined team metrics and is responsible for shaping deliverables for internal stakeholders including customer insights and medical meeting reports, as well as appropriately document unsolicited requests and report adverse events/product complaints.
Are you ready to;
- Be responsible for understanding how hospitals can improve patient outcomes for those who contract antimicrobial infectious diseases?
- Be accountable for leading the scientific discovery, diagnosing obstacles, and developing and delivering solutions to KOLs and HCPs in leading institutions within your territory? Be responsible for educating the HCPs on Melinta products and offering new clinical solutions to patient care, , as well as engaging top KOLs and influencers/decision makers to gain their clinical perspectives?
- Report adverse events and product complaints as appropriate, serve as a medical resource and, and deliver sproduct data to institutions as they evaluate Melinta products for formulary placement?
- Work from your home office within your territory and travel each week to meet with KOL’s and client stakeholders at their location? Typical expectation of travel is 4 days per week, with overnight travel where necessary owing to distance.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Develop and execute Qualitative Customer Research projects in assigned sites to understand health care provider unmet needs including infectious disease care pathways.
- Lead HCP focus groups, and professional network forums for relevant product or therapeutic landscape feedback.
- Develop non-promotional Information Products according to Melinta standards to meet health care provider education and information needs.
- Serve as the medical resource for KOLs and health care providers in assigned hospital sites.
- Identify data generation opportunities, particularly real world evidence with Melinta products.
- Engage KOLs and job executors in scientific exchange on Melinta solutions as appropriate.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for clinical and health economics information on our products.
- Manage reports of adverse events and product complaints as appropriate.
- Collaborate across functional boundaries to determine the best solutions to meet health care provider and KOL needs.
- Provide clinical and scientific education to Melinta employees per specific requests approved by management.
- Manage personal expenses in compliance with firm policies and procedures and consistent with local regulatory laws and guidance.
- Build trusted partner level relationships with key HCPs in every target location within your territory.
- Required: Minimum 5 years clinical experience, post residency and/or fellowship training, in a health care system in infectious diseases with 2+ years of antimicrobial clinical experience Preferred: Establishment or leadership of antimicrobial stewardship program within a hospital setting in addition to hands on clinical experience.
- Preferred: Prior experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device industry
- Preferred: Experience generating and/or disseminating clinical and health economics information to a variety of health care provider and job executors
- Preferred: Experience launching products/devices preferable
- Preferred: Experience presenting non-clinical and clinical data to health care providers and extensive interaction with KOLs and HC’s.
- MD, PharmD or PhD degree
- Post-doctoral residency or fellowship (Infectious Disease)
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
#medicalsciencedirector #infectiousdisease #criticalcare #hospitals #antimicrobial #PharmD