City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Medical Eligibility Admin
- Job Title
- Medical Eligibility Admin
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
A very busy medical office is seeking to hire a Medical Eligibility Admin. In this position you will verify insurance eligibility for scheduled appointments prior to the date of service using various methods including online portals and calling insurance companies. You will be responsible for confirming that patients have active insurance coverage, who needs prior authorizations, and the collection of surgical deductible/co-insurance as required for the date of service.
Responsibilities of the Medical Eligibility Admin:
- Verifies insurance eligibility coverage prior to any services
- Obtains prior authorization for certain services
- Calculates cash estimates for patients on upcoming visits/procedures.
- Contacts patients regarding financial obligations and payment options.
- Accurately documents all information related to patient’s demographics, coinsurance, copay, deductibles, and authorization requirements
- Concisely, precisely and accurately documents all information and activity
- Provides patient with any out of pocket costs and financial responsibilities regarding services
Qualifications of the Medical Eligibility Admin:
- Wide knowledge of medical insurance verification and authorizations processes
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA regulations
- Ability to build rapport with patients and peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Please send resume for immediate consideration.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills