- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92101
- Other Location
Manages and directs the activities of multiple functional areas of mechanical production.
- Manages the activities of workers engaged in multiple functional areas of electronic/mechanical production, Including electronics assembly, electronic/mechanical fabrication and repair, cable assembly, and/or general labor.
- Performs various production control activities including gathering and filing records.
- Determines operational sequences required to produce products.
- Manages task activities to meet client and company work objectives.
- Assists in resolving production conflicts while maintaining scheduled requirements.
- Assures quality of task products and services, including participating in reviews and audits.
- Reviews job orders, shipping needs and material requirements before developing operation sequences.
- Reviews work orders, product specifications, technical instructions and facility requirements.
- Assigns tasks to subordinate staff and helps evaluate performance.
- Maintains all necessary documentation related to assigned tasks and projects.
- Prepares and manages production schedules and allocates given manpower with input from all stakeholders including engineering, purchasing, project managers and senior leadership.
- Prepares and reviews production reports.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced planners.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Ability to read Mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, cable pinouts, etc. and use this information to create the task sequence and instruction, equipment requirements and material requirements.
- Ability to assess manufacturing requirements, material requirements, and labor time for quoting and production of pre-fabricated items.
- Manage production of pre-fabrication.
- Provide support to specific tasks with regard to project oversight, material consumption and communication to Project Managers to maintain progress, QA and documentation requirements.
- Manages and directs the activities of multiple functional areas of mechanical production. Participates in the development and coordination of the distribution of work packages in the areas of manufacturing.
- Works directly with the purchasing department to maintain supply chain of all parts.
- US Citizen
- 5-10 years experience in electromechanical manufacturing with minimum 3 years experience in leadership role
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience with MS Project
- Bachelors degree (STEM preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Experience in machine shop environment
- Secret clearance
- Experience with PDM/ERP software