Current Job Postings
The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
IT Help Desk (Technical Support Analyst) - Position is located in Colorado Springs and is not remote
- Job Title
- IT Help Desk (Technical Support Analyst) - Position is located in Colorado Springs and is not remote
- Job ID
- Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Other Location
This position will be based our of our Colorado Springs, CO office.
Position Summary: The Technical Support Analyst role is to deploy, monitor, and maintain user workstations, operating systems, and software. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, testing and optimizing all aspects of the hardware, software, and workstation configurations. This individual will contribute to the planning, testing and deployment of the company’s internal applications and application enhancements as well as identifying, packaging and deploying software and hardware updates via System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (SCCM). This individual will be primarily responsible for help desk and user support. This role will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Document and maintain inventory database of all pc’s and peripherals.
- Document and maintain database of equipment and user assignments.
- Document and maintain phone number directory.
- Write and maintain end user oriented documentation of corporate software usage and procedures.
- Communicate with end users in an appropriate manner corresponding to their individual technical understanding and skill level.
Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Perform on-site or remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users.
- Recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair and support as needed.
- Willing to ask necessary questions and request clarification to assist with efficient and effective problem solving.
Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
- Meets defined Service Level Agreements set between IT and the company for help desk response and resolution.
- Be available for on-call every other week or as required for after hours support coverage.
Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Seeks opportunities to expand knowledge and learn new skills.
- Works with other team members to learn new skills or seek advice to effectively resolve issues.
Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to customers.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user computer hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Provide on-site and remote end user support to efficiently and accurately resolve issues with workstation hardware and software, network access technologies, and job-related applications and processes.
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Configure and maintain user access via ActiveDirectory, security group memberships, group policy, and related technologies.
- Configure ad maintain user mailbox, voicemail, and phone numbers via MS Exchange and MS Lync/Skype for Business.
- Perform workstation imaging, software deployment, and software updates via SCCM.
- Test and implement automation scripts in DOS, MSI, and VBScript as required.
- Backup other staff members as part of cross training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or computer engineering, and/or two years’ equivalent work experience. Certification as MCTS, MCITP, MCDST, MCSA, or MOS a plus.
- Understanding of Microsoft desktop operating systems and related software technologies including Active Directory and the User State Migration Tool.
- Understanding of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) software packaging, deployment, and workstation imaging processes, including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Windows desktop management and support, including remote desktop support.
- Minimum two years’ experience with MS Office applications, including installation, customization, troubleshooting, and usage support.
- Minimum one years’ experience with Windows desktop deployment technologies.
- Minimum one years’ experience with Active Directory user accounts, security groups, and group policy management, including configuring MS Exchange mailbox and MS Lync/Skype for Business phone access. Experience with configuring NTFS directory and file permissions a plus.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting mobile devices running Apple iOS, Android, and Windows operating systems. Manage mobile device management (MDM) software and corporate communication server access.
- Some experience with fundamental network concepts (wireless networks, Ethernet networks, subnets, routing, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting remote network access technologies including MS DirectAccess, VPN client technologies, and Citrix remote access services.
- Experience working within a workplace meeting HIPAA, PCI, or similar security compliance requirements. Must comply with and enforce HIPAA policies and procedures within organization.
- Experience with MS Exchange and MS Lync/Skype for Business servers a plus.
- Outstanding writing and documentation skills with ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Work with end users to identify and resolve issues to meet corporate-defined service levels.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Tier 1 and 2 desktop support.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Home office that is HIPAA compliant for all remote or telecommuting positions as outlined by the company policies and procedures.
- Mobile Device for work purposes as defined by the company policies and procedures.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.