Programmer Analyst Principal
- Job Title
- Programmer Analyst Principal
- Job ID
- Reston, VA
- Other Location
Programmer Analyst Principal - Reston, VA
Oracle Business Intelligence managing full OBIEE environment and be experienced with Enterprise Edition (12c) to manage OBIEE environments on remotely managed servers. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2 year of experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and customizing OBIEE environments. The successful candidate will also be responsible to ensure high-availability and high performing environments and implementing and managing application security architecture. This position requires that the candidate understands, uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to high priority and complexity. The candidate will work under the general direction of the manager or the experienced/Principal Systems Analyst and will independently determine and develop approach to solutions. The candidate will follow established procedures and contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and keep up-to-date with the technology shifts through training.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar • 5+ years of experience working in information technology industry • 2 + years of experience with the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c administration activities – installing, configuring, customizing, patching, troubleshooting and upgrading – in a clustered and remotely managed environments • 2+ years of experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Application architecture components (OHS, WLS, FMW ) • 1 – 2 years of experience with SQL and PL/SQL • Experience with Red Hat Linux operating System and Apache server • Partner with Infrastructure Team (both Linux & Windows platforms) to enable and support capacity planning, performance tuning, systems support & troubleshooting. • • Works in tandem with the Infrastructure Manager, Lead Systems Engineer manager and technical team in the installation, configuration and analysis of OBIA/OBIEE platform solutions • Work closely with business analysts, developers and database administrators to plan, design, develop and implement applications, scripts, procedures and metadata for relational databases. • Proven experience delivering enterprise-wide BI, analytics, performance management and data warehouse solutions using a solution delivery methodology framework. • Direct hands-on experience working with OBIA, Oracle BI * Server, Oracle BI Answers, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle BI physical layer, Oracle BI BMM layer, Oracle BI presentation layer, OBIEE meta data repositories, OBIEE report migration, etc. • Successful track record establishing multiple successful implementations of OBIA applications with OBIEE BI Server architectures and metadata management • Capacity & Performance planning (space allocation for OBIA, oracle database, repository sizing) • Applying Application patches, including proactive patch research and review, on-demand patching services, and critical patch updates. • Deploy Web Catalog and RPD files • Deploy Security Architecture o Administer Group/Role creation and privileges o Assign Groups/Roles to users o Modify Security as per the business needs • Developing and maintaining records and documentation • Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) • Virtual team collaboration tools such as webex, at&t etc. • Requirements analysis experience • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Strong interpersonal skills • Excellent problem solving skills • Experience developing user documentation and training material
• Experience with Oracle WebLogic Scripting, Unix / Linux shell scripting, SOA / Web Services architectures, SSO environments, Load balanced / clustered environments • Experience working with relational databases.
Experience Required • 5+ years of experience working in information technology industry • 2 + years of experience with the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c administration activities – installing, configuring, customizing, patching, troubleshooting and upgrading – in a clustered and remotely managed environments • 2+ years of experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Application architecture components (OHS, WLS, FMW ) • 1 – 2 years of experience with SQL and PL/SQL • Experience with Red Hat Linux operating System and Apache server
Experience Preferred o Ability to work individually and in a matrix environment o Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment o Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills o Professional interaction with clients and vendors. o Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization. o Exercise sound judgment when making decisions. o Able to meet deadlines as necessary. o Effectively work with minimal supervision. o “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
Additional Information US citizenship. Preferred Location: This is a remote position; prefer candidates local to the Reston.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.