- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Sterling heights, MI
- Other Location
Software Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
The candidate will be responsible for developing embedded software for combat vehicles, supporting both lab and test vehicle environments. The candidate will create, plan, and perform a variety of software analysis, design, development, code, documentation, integration, test, and product assurance tasks. He or she will contribute to the development of engineering design models and develop software to implement and support project or system functionality for the assigned technical effort. Ensure technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met. Perform basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensure assigned tasks achieve cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
Primary duties and responsibilities: • Apply basic engineering design, analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a limited portion of a technical project. • Develop and write technical documentation, revise existing documentation, and provide inputs to technical papers and presentations. • Perform basic technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and software tools. • Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements. • Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions of limited complexity. • Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and their application. • Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety policies and rules.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication • Ability to work independently and as part of a team • Understanding of software design, development, and testing principles • Working knowledge of the software development and maintenance life cycle • C++ and/or Java programming languages • Linux operating system • Bash, Perl, Python scripting languages • JIRA, Bitbucket, Git, Confluence configuration management and problem reporting tools
• Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Bash, Perl, Python) • Experience testing software or working test scripts • Experience with the use of scripting tools to develop and maintain test scripts • Experience with Software configuration management tools (i.e. Git, SVN, etc.) • Experience with Software issues tracking software (i.e. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.) • Experience with Software requirements management tools such as DOORS • Knowledge of vehicle / computing communication busses (Gigabit Ethernet, RS-232, CAN) and their protocols • Systems and Software requirements analysis (including requirement writing, and specification generation) • Experience generating and writing supporting documents such as test plans, test procedures, test reports, system software requirements, user manuals / tools documentation, and software validation documents
Experience Required • Experience with embedded software and hardware development and testing
Education Required • Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.