Child Counselor - Pensacola
- Job Title
- Child Counselor - Pensacola
- Job ID
- Pensacola, GA
- Other Location
Child Counselor - Pensacola, FL
Are you a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker seeking a rewarding opportunity to supporting the Armed Forces? If so, let's talk!
Talent Orchard is seeking Licensed Child Counselors to support active duty service members and their families on military bases:
- Provide immediate intervention and risk assessment IAW best practices in the mental health community and educate and ensure adequate referral and follow-up of any case presenting suicidal or homicidal risk.
- Provide after-hours coverage for the FFSP in OCONUS locations, when required.
- Ensure that crisis response services are fully documented in a FFSMIS case record system.
- Facilitate and/or provide psychological first aid services to commands and/or groups within 24 hours of request, using accepted practices and procedures, in response to both small-scale (e.g., suicide) or large-scale incidents (e.g., Shipboard accident, man-made emergency). Collaborate with Chaplains and/or medical personnel in provision of psychological first aide, when indicated.
- Provide assessment and short-term, solution focused counseling services to eligible individuals, marital or intimate partners, families and/or groups. Scope of practice is limited to counseling services for Other Conditions That May be a Focus of Clinical Attention and Adjustment Disorders.
- Ensure referral for appropriate behavioral health follow-up of any psychological disorders or symptoms requiring longer-term and/or medical/psychiatric intervention.
- Coordinate and manage specialized assessment and intervention services for at-risk children identified both inside and outside of the Family Advocacy Program (FAP).
- Report suspected child abuse and domestic abuse/violence to the local civilian authorities and the Family Advocacy Representative IAW Navy and state requirements. Implement restricted reporting for incidents of domestic abuse IAW DoD and Navy requirements.
- Participate in site/regional quarterly quality assurance procedures to ensure that all clinical services provided are safe and of good quality.
- Maintain data on number of clients who were not seen for routine clinical counseling due to staff limitations.
- All reports of alleged child and domestic abuse shall be received and assessed IAW current Navy risk assessment protocols and procedures, to include interview of alleged offenders, victims, children, and other witnesses.
- Develop appropriate, risk-focused treatment and interventions for victims and perpetrators of child and domestic abuse in accordance with Navy Certification standards.
- Prepare information about alleged incidents of child and domestic abuse for the Family Advocacy Representative’s presentation to the IDC for status determination.
- Prepare incidents for discussion at the CCSM for designation in does not meet criteria incidents, treatment planning and recommendations, periodic review and transfer and closure.
- Provide regular command consultation.
- Coordinate intervention services for offenders, victims or other family members referred to FAP.
- Fully support the FFSP role in emergency preparedness and response including participation in exercises and execution of an Emergency Family Assistance Center when directed.
- Ensure that all crisis response and psychological first-aid, assessment and counseling services, FAP case management and intervention services are entered and counted in FFSMIS.
- Ensure staff delivering crisis response and psychological first-aid services, non-medical counseling and FAP case management services are accounting for all services scheduled and delivered in the automated Centralized Scheduling and Metrics system in use by the FFSP
- Masters in Social Work OR Masters in marriage and family therapy OR Doctoral Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology (schools must be accredited by CSWE, COAMFTE, or APA)
- Must be an LCSW, LICSW, LMFT or Licensed Psychologist
- Current, valid, unrestricted clinical license or certification authorizing independent level practice in clinical social work, marriage and family therapy OR psychology
- Minimum of 2 years’ full time post masters supervised clinical experience (at least 2,000 hours)
- Additionally, must have 2 years, including at least 2,000 hours, of full-time post-licensure clinical experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in assessment and treatment of children
- Must have demonstrated experience working with children exposed to family violence or victims of child abuse.
- Meet ethical standards of licensing board
- •Must have current clinical competence through at least periodic, direct service clinical experience during the 2 years prior to hire
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience working in child abuse and domestic abuse
An active Tier 3 Investigation or higher is preferred.
This position is included in a Bargaining Unit with the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Office Demands:
Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays
Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business
Working under time pressure
Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines
Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to travel policies and procedures.
Physical requirements can typically be characterized as sedentary: work involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
· Human Capital
· Professional Services
· Accounting/Audit Readiness
· Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
· Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.