ArcSight Engineer-DC/MD/VA - Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- ArcSight Engineer-DC/MD/VA - Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
ArcSight Engineers (Contract or Contract to Hire)
Washington DC Metro Area
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been retained under contract by a large technology vendor to support their need for ArcSight Engineers to support a DoD customer through their Government Services sector. These positions are based in the Washington, DC Metro area.
The ArcSight Engineer position will provide operational oversight for security technologies in the environment including logging and monitoring, data loss prevention, and vulnerability scanners. The ArcSight Engineer will be responsible for evaluating new technologies, as well as installation, configuration, and upgrades on existing technology. The ArcSight Engineer is also a key consultant regarding the security controls in the environment, and works closely with other IT and business areas to ensure sound and consistent implementation of security within IT infrastructure and general business process. The candidate will have experience with SIEM technologies, specifically ArcSight.
Your responsibilities would look like this:
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities using the ArcSight platform.
- Overall responsibility for being the subject matter expert on ArcSight ESM software for the customer
- Use of ArcSight ESM in the daily operational work and workflow of the end customer
- Advising customers on best practices and use cases on how to use ArcSight to achieve end state requirements.
- Interfacing with other internal/external organizations and business units
- Technical administration of the ArcSight ESM, Logger, and Connector software platform
- Custom development of Connectors (Agents) using the ArcSight FlexConnector
- Customization of security content including filter/rule/report creation, signature categorization, vulnerability mapping
- Ability to modify configuration files (under the covers, not exposed at Console level)
- Distributed Multi-Manager architecture and deployment
- Troubleshoot and configure networking devices, various platforms, and databases
- Integration with 3rd party systems including network management and trouble ticketing applications
- Upgrade & patch all components of the ArcSight Platform
- Customer Service skills and Technical Writing duties
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret Clearance minimum
- BS of Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics or relevant experience
- 2 years security engineering experience in midsized to large IT organizations.
- Experience with Security technologies including firewalls, IDS, logging and monitoring tools, antivirus, data loss prevention, anti-virus.
- In depth hands-on experience with security features and system administration of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operations systems.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, web and applications servers, including knowledge of remediation procedures.
- Experience analyzing new technologies and making security recommendations based on business objectives.
- Experience with implementation of security controls and best practices.
- Scripting experience good to have.
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work cooperatively with other business functions.
- Industry Standards certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC) preferred
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
@talentorchard #cjpost @novajobs @marylandjobs @dcjobs #arcsight #securityengineer #linuxadmin #SIEM