Director of Digital Strategy & Business Architect
- Job Title
- Director of Digital Strategy & Business Architect
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
The Director - Digital Strategy and Business Architect, you will develop the end-to-end technical solution architecture for the Digital Channels Technology initiatives. The Solution Architect will be responsible for the creation of the solution approach, rationalization of the solution, presentation/communication of the solution, and as a guide to the delivery teams for realization of the solution. The Solution Architect role actively contributes to the wider architecture team working with Lead Architects and Enterprise Architects to deliver digital technology architectural roadmaps.
- Provides application architectural and "big picture" oversight for development of new or enhanced technology solutions
- Interact with a range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders
- Author and support the content for Solution Design Documents including Context Diagrams, Application Models, Application Profiles, Use Cases, Logical Application Models, Process Models, Logical Data Models, and High-Level Designs.
- Ensure design alignment with overall solution architecture.
- Review business requirements and participate in review sessions to gather and clarify business requirements, remove ambiguity.
- Work with technology/business partners (Architecture, Infrastructure, etc...) as needed to define design of solutions.
- Technical support through Development, Testing, and Deployment phases of the project.
- Proactive, regular communications with business, technology partners, and management to keep informed of status, changes, or issues.
- Develop and ensure compliance with architecture principles and standards for the various systems and components based on design patterns
- Lead analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture
- Acts as an advocate for the customer, as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address business or technical requirements.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of competing products and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Mentor other team members in project teams. Comfortable leading technical teams collaboratively through design processes.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 5 + years of formal architecture design and implementation experience in n-tier applications, web architecture, & Enterprise integration
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at an executive level
- Prior experience multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Experience with Single Page Application (SPA)
- Architecture Experience working with external customer-facing Web-based and Mobile Applications
- Commanding knowledge with Application Containers (e.g., Docker, OpenShift)
- Experience with open standards SOA principles and technologies; SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, WSDL, micro-services architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team builder and facilitator of cross team discussions with proven ability to identify and remove roadblocks and resolve issues
- Experience in complex system integrations (internal & external) and related technologies (web services, SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Experience with Identity Management (IDM), SSO, oAuth, CA platforms (SiteMinder) Certified Architecture Frameworks; TOGAF, FEAF, DOD, Zachman
- Knowledge / experience with AWS platform components (Lambda, Lex, EC2, S3, IAM, API Gateway, VPC, DirectConnect, CloudWatch, et al.)