City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Law Firm Bookkeeper
- Job Title
- Law Firm Bookkeeper
- Job ID
- Worcester, MA
- Other Location
Reputable law firm client in Worcester is seeking a full time direct hire/permanent Law Firm Bookkeeper for their company. Must have prior experience in a role bookkeeping for services such as in a law firm, CPA firm, or insurance firm.The primary function of this position is to perform the billing, bookkeeping and accounting functions of the firm. This position requires an experienced and accomplished person with a strong bookkeeping and computer background. The position requires skills and experience in bookkeeping, accounting, law firm billing and QuickBooks Online software as well as Microsoft Office Products. The position requires experience in a law or other professional service firm environment.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills for the Law Firm Bookkeeper
- Must have at least 3+ years bookkeeping experience as a full-charge bookkeeper with responsibilities including client billing in a law or professional service firm environment.
- Must have successfully completed coursework in bookkeeping/accounting. An associate degress in bookkeeping/accounting is desirable.
- Must have experience with law firm billing or other professional service firm (TimeSlips or appropriate software that the firm is using) and accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks Online) as well as Microsoft Office Products.
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
Duties of the Law Firm Bookkeeper
- Perform all bookkeeping functions
- Performs all client billing functions and other accounts receivable functions
- Pay vendor bills and manage accounts payable.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and client costs in billing and accounting systems.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and disbursements for trust account in the accounting systems.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Make bank deposits for the operating firm accounts.
- Handle payroll.
- Provide all required financial reports to the firm owner on a monthly basis.
- Coordination with the firm's accountants.
- Management and oversight of the billing and accounting systems.
Email resume to apply for immediate consideration for the Law Firm Bookkeeper.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills
Quick Books Online
- Pay Range
- $50,000.00 Hourly to $60,000.00 Hourly