Careers at Resourcing Edge
Empowering companies to focus on success.
Work for Resourcing Edge
We offer an optimistic, high-energy atmosphere of learning and growth. We are personified by associates who are dedicated to:
Connectedness – Engagement with clients and co-workers
Accountability – Delivering results, owning outcomes, working with a sense of urgency
Generosity – Willingness to share time, talents, and resources
Wellness – Pursuit of full potential – physical, intellectual, emotional and financial
- Job Title
- Product Engineer
- Columbus, OH
- Other Location
Auld Technologies, our client, is seeking a Product Engineer for their innovative business. For over 100 years, they have been designing and manufacturing domed emblems, labels, badges, and nameplates for a diverse customer base ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the design of new and existing products to secure and maintain profitable business. The product engineer is responsible for determining the most efficient manufacturing methods and materials to meet or exceed customer and engineering requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare timely, accurate cost estimates and layouts for new and existing products. Includes the selection of raw materials or sourcing of new raw materials and designing the optimal processes to manufacture the products.
• Work with Design Engineering to approve design releases, conduct product and process design review, approve engineering changes, identify critical features, approve first articles, and determine methods of inspection for parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies.
• Work with Purchasing and various external suppliers, vendors and customers to obtain competitive pricing and lead times for raw materials, services and tooling.
• Determine the documentation and testing requirements for new products and include in the cost estimate when appropriate.
• Manage projects involved with the development of new products including activities such as lab work, lab testing, material sourcing, press trials and prototypes. Write Engineering Test Reports for product developments to provide a resource for current and new product development.
• Enter and maintain Bill of Material and Routing information in Auld Technologies’ Enterprise Resource Planning system. Lead the change control process for new products and raw materials.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field or 5 years job related experience or equivalent
• QS/ISO9000 quality systems experience
• Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications; specifically, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
• AutoCad, SolidWorks knowledge a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Self-starter with the ability to make sound decisions