Sr. Design Engineer Specialist
- Job Title
- Sr. Design Engineer Specialist
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN
- Other Location
Senior Design Engineer Specialist
Designs major components, major portions of a functional system and technically advanced prototypes. Develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal. Investigates pertinent design factors. Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning. Primary Duties and Responsibilities: • Create and develop conceptual solutions and mature selected design to a full technical drawing package in preparation of manufacturing activities. • Apply design and analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to a portion of a technical project. • Apply basic knowledge of the design to products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Select the best method or process from among several existing alternatives. • Develop conceptual component, subassembly, and assembly models based on performance requirements and design constraints. • Create detailed technical data package drawings and specification including machining drawings, weld drawings, components, source and specifications drawings, subassembly and assembly drawings. • Develop and manage interface control models and drawings for both mechanical and electrical interfaces. • Provide input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets. • Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry practices, trends, and applications. • Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
• Proficient using CAD modeling tools, especially PTC Pro/e Wildfire and CREO • Must be proficient in creating complex solid models and mechanical designs using CAD systems, preferable PTC Pro-E Wildfire/CREO. • Concept / preliminary design experience • Experience in large structures and large assembly design/modeling • Knowledge of electrical components, electrical and mechanical interfaces • Experienced in the detail design of complex electrical enclosures and cabinets • Good communication skills and ability to interface with internal and external customers
5+ years work experience or equivalent experience.
Associates degree in Engineering CAD Technology, Drafting and Design or similar.
position limited to top three submittals per supplier
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.