Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Job Title
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC
- Other Location
Electricial Maintenance Technician
Position located in Sumter, South Carolina.
(This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed.)
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains electrical distribution systems including electric motors, and electric controls on systems < 460V.
- Ensures emergency electrical systems are operational;
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Assists with purchases and inventories for equipment parts, chemicals and supplies.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- Reads blueprints or technical diagrams before doing work.
- Inspects electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustments or repairs, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
- Repairs or replaces wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Follows state and local building regulations based on the NEC
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Possess basic mechanical skills with the ability to assist Maintenance Mechanics as needed.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Comply with all safety/health-related policies and procedures, participate in company-sponsored safety programs and activities, and report to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant. Reports any work-related injury or illness, no matter how minor, to their supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Maintain housekeeping on assigned machines and in areas.
- Assist in machine start-ups and shutdowns.
- Must be able to work call-ins, unscheduled hours, and overtime as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years’ electrical experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Associates degree, military training, and/or related experience is a plus.
- Position requires strong mechanical and electrical maintenance skills in troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Computer: MS Office.
- Experience with: PLCs, AC&DC Drives a plus.
- Precision maintenance background a plus.
Physical Requirement & Working Environment:
- Must work where the noise level requires hearing protection.
- May be exposed to various hazards such as corrosive chemicals.
- Routine safety equipment: long sleeves, respirator, safety shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and ability to carry 25 lbs. or less.
- Capable of climbing flights of stairs or ladders.
- Capable of working at heights.
- Capable of walking/standing 8-10 hours per day.
Competitive benefits and compensation package.