Technical Project Manager
- Job Title
- Technical Project Manager
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a Cloud Communications platform that provides voice and collaboration services for businesses. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, and advanced WebRTC technologies to transform how people communicate within and between enterprises. We want to do for enterprise communication what What’s App and Facebook Messenger has done for consumer communication – with the security, control and agility needed by Fortune 500 companies.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs, who are also highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, ICAP and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was also recently named the 2016 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology, recognized in the top 10 innovative solutions by the Futures and Options Industry Association, and ranked among Red Herring’s Top 100 Technology Companies in North America.
Many of our customers are in the financial markets, where traders use the Cloud9 service to engage with their trading partners. Today we operate across 32 countries and we’re adding more users every month.
Industry feedback for Cloud9 has been overwhelmingly positive, we’ve won awards from recognized industry organizations and praise from our customers at industry leading financial institutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Technical Program Manager will work with the Product and Engineering teams to plan and execute Cloud9 product, development, and integration projects as well as oversee our Agile scrum development process. The expected approach will holistically incorporate a technical perspective to agile delivery that accounts for inter-team and technology dependencies to define incremental and testable product delivery milestones for each project, epic or feature. The role will be split between project management, acting as team ScrumMaster, and providing program level guidance on Agile best practices. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing actionable reporting to Cloud9 Engineering, Product, and Senior Management teams.
• Project management of software development and delivery for all Cloud9 products
• Coordinate Sprint Planning and Grooming process using Agile best practices
• Perform all aspects of the Scrum Master role to deliver Cloud9 products through sprints
• Assist in identifying priorities, removing roadblocks and actively monitoring the health of each sprint cycle
• Train and coach Cloud9’s developers, product managers, QA, and executives on Agile processes
• Create reporting templates to measure the velocity of the sprint and actionable metrics to measure Cloud9 product delivery & process efficiency
• Ensure input and output for sprints are clearly defined to all team members: Product Owner, Developer, QA, and Scrum Master
• Implement best practices for team collaboration and software development tools like JIRA to facilitate the Agile process
Required Skills and Experience:
• At least 4 years demonstrated experience as a project manager/scrum master with excellent references
• Advanced knowledge of Agile and Scrum principles
• Detail oriented individual with strong documentation skills, writing skills and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of various technologies and their application in financial services and communications such as network infrastructure and protocols, voice technology, WebRTC and AWS
• Experience managing JIRA or similar project and issue tracking software
• Willing to learn and have fun!
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is desired
• Project management and Agile Certifications.
Cloud9 Technologies LLC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its locations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or national law.