Product Development Quality Engineer
- Job Title
- Product Development Quality Engineer
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Product Development Quality Engineer (Electronics)
- Review customer requirements during pre-award and early product design phase and developing validation plans to satisfy customer specifications (including EMC and environmental electronic testing plans)
- Support on traceability requirements according to customer requirements (IS26262, SPICE, CMMI, etc.)
- Ensuring use of quality tools (FMEA, FTA, Six Sigma, DOE) by the program team during program development based on electronic customer requirements and best practices (including electronic schematics, PCBs and e-CAD).
- Preparation of reliability analyses for customer (reliability calculations).
- Coordination of design verification and product validation testing and communication of results. Ensure parts assigned for validation are of the proper build level and expected quality.
- Manage clients PLM engineering inputs for the program and change management process.
- Review and sign-off on pre-production part builds to verify parts to be sent to customers will meet engineering quality expectations.
- Accountable for meeting customer requirements regarding quality for all program phases using client procedures.
- Actively involved in TQCM and VA/VE analysis. Review product benchmarking and teardowns.
- Consolidate special characteristics based on legal, customer and FMEA requirements and prepare official documentation for customer and suppliers (SCIF, DFMEA, Revision of CPP, PFMEA, poke yokes, Input to IP / EOL Test Specification, etc).
- Lead or participate on preparation for external or internal audits for engineering deliverables.
- Review warranty data and consolidate quality records, provide feedback to new programs and coordinate open issues regarding implementation of corrective and preventative actions from investigation process (including lessons learned process).
- Support Continuous Improvement process to keep updated documents related to product development, such as: TDR Checklist, Design guidelines, Standard Templates development, DVPR and DFMEA baselines, etc.
- Cooperation and information sharing with international team (America, Europe, India). Active participation/support on problems solving in all client locations.
- BS in engineering or equivalent required; electronic, electrical engineering preferred
- 5 years minimum related experience preferred
- Experience working with electronic components per automotive industry
- Knowledge of LED applications, electronics integration and EMC.
- Knowledge of electronics handling and end-of-line testing (EOL) is a plus.
- Knowledge of typical electronics phenomena such as ESD and EOS.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Experience interfacing with automotive OEMs is desired. Ability to work with multiple teams is critical.