Key Account Manager (San Francisco/Sacramento)
- Job Title
- Key Account Manager (San Francisco/Sacramento)
- Job ID
- San Francisco, CA
- Other Location
Key Account Manager (KAM)
San Francisco / Sacramento
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search on behalf of Melinta for a Key Account Manager (KAM). This is a salaried role with Melinta with full benefits and a company car.
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four U.S. marketed products include Baxdela® (delafloxacin), Vabomere® (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv® (oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. This portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) position is a hospital-based or integrated sites of care-based position focused on launching and selling innovative products in the assigned institutional accounts and integrated delivery networks (IDNs). This includes educating clinicians on the clinical benefits of Melinta products to facilitate and gain improved institutional formulary access while expanding appropriate product utilization to exceed business and customer objectives with assigned hospitals and IDNs. The KAM also has accountability for pulling through contracts and facilitating account and clinician access opportunities to ensure achievement of Melinta’s business goals.
Are you ready to;
- Increase product access and sales in the geographical area by navigating the institutional formulary approval process, as well as educating customers on appropriate use of Melinta products
- Develop territory and account-level plans to grow product utilization, formulary access, and expand the customer base
- Understand multiple interdependencies within an account, consider customer treatment goals and needs, and maximize account performance by aligning appropriate solutions, messaging, and stakeholders
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customer opinion leaders and hospitals, including physicians, medical staff, pharmacies, etc
- Plan, coordinate, and implement hospital-oriented education forums in accordance with company policies and business plans
- Partner with hospital treatment committees to include Melinta products on appropriate disease state protocols
- Facilitate continuity of care for discharging patients via Melinta product inclusion on discharge protocols/orders and alignment of approved Melinta reimbursement resources
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales, Medical Affairs, National Accounts, Marketing, and Sales Administration on all needs, opportunities, Key Opinion Leader touch points, formulary changes and pull-through initiatives
- Recent acute care hospital or integrated sites of care sales experience in the assigned territory/accounts
- Highly motivated, results driven individual
- Must be able to work well independently and as a team member; under pressure and shifting priorities.
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, (written and oral) presentation and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills to ensure timelines are met, as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and continued industry related education.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Ability to establish and build relationships and rapport with a diverse customer base.
- Strong ability to learn and use technical product knowledge
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
INDUSTRY REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred hospital experience in Acute Care and/or Infectious Disease
- Success planning and executing a new product or solution launch into a hospital setting
- Minimum of 10 years of related pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or training experience.
- Proven track record of sales within a hospital environment of the assigned territory/accounts
- Willingness and ability to provide proof of childhood immunizations, a negative TB test and other requirements, as set by each hospital’s credentialing protocol for access.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
50-75% travel. May involve some travel to conferences and/or sales meetings as necessary
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #hospitalsales #infectiousdisease #antibiotic #pharmajobs #sales #IDN #integratedsitesofcare