Technical Planning and Control Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Technical Planning and Control Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN
- Other Location
Technical Planning and Control Systems Engineer - Minneapolis, MN
The Technical Planning and Control Systems Engineer supports the planning for and execution of activities on the program. Works with others on multidisciplinary design teams to satisfy project technical, performance, cost, schedule, resource and quality requirements. Specifically, the Technical Planning and Control Systems Engineer:
• Supports development of project plans including Project Management Plan, Risk and Opportunity Plan, detailed task definition, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and cost parameters. • Implements process and tools to identify program issues, risks and opportunities, assess technical and programmatic impacts, helps formulate mitigation plans, and tracks progress. • Coordinates Lifecycle Management (LCM) execution on all phases of a program (from capture to delivery and closure). • Supports development and maintenance of the Program Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) dictionary and compliance matrixes. • Applies program and systems approach and product life cycle knowledge, resolves conflicting requirements to benefit the total system performance, quality, schedule, resources, and cost. • Supports Configuration Management Change Control Boards (CCBs). • Prepares project technical results and recommendations to internal and external customers. Supports internal reviews including peer reviews, technical/design reviews, and program reviews. Participates in formal technical reviews with customer. • Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Program Management discipline to enhance the organization’s project and technical capabilities.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with relevant Program Management standards and practices.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with program management especially risk and opportunity management, cost management and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Knowledge and familiarity with relevant standards and practices for design and production of military systems.
•Familiarity with BAE Systems’ weapon systems such as munitions, Naval guns, Naval launchers and Army artillery.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with relevant system egineering standards and practices.
One year of experience in engineering or project management., Experience Preferred Three years or more of experience in engineering or project management.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, Education Preferred Engineering or Business bachelor's Degree
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.