If you share our passion for long-term care, the pharmacy industry and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, innovative and hands-on work environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Human Resources Coordinator - Temporary
- Job Title
- Human Resources Coordinator - Temporary
- Open until filled
- Vancouver, WA 98683
- Other Location
PropacPayless is a leading specialty service pharmacy, we offer a wide range of customized pharmacy services for the following markets:
• Skilled nursing/intermediate care facilities
• Assisted living/residential care centers
• Behavioral health communities
• Correctional facilities
We are seeking a full time Human Resources Coordinator for our Vancouver office. This is a temporary position with an expected duration of around 5 months to cover for maternity leave. General responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to, recruitment & selection, training & development, performance management, employee relations, compensation/benefits administration, leave management, and risk management programs. In addition, the Temporary HR Coordinator provides excellent internal and external customer service through professional and timely communications with all employees, management, and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts recruitment for all PropacPayless locations including reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, creating offer letters and on-boarding.
- Provides benefits administration including conducting benefits enrollment for new hires and other life event changes for benefits.
- Provides support by assisting with projects, employee counseling, policy clarification, exit interviews, training & development, and benefit communication.
- Participates in delivery of HR related training and presentations to leadership and employees. Additionally, follow up on outstanding compliance trainings.
- Creates and/or updates job descriptions as necessary.
- Responds to company unemployment claims & workers compensation claims.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal employment laws, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADAAA, etc. to minimize risk/exposure.
- Coaches leaders on performance management, behavioral issues, corrective action, policy interpretation, and terminations to minimize legal exposure.
- Maintains HR files and documents. Prepare and review various employment documents from HR database. Prepares and analyzes HR data to identify HR issues and trends in the organization and makes recommendations for improvements.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere of the company.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
- Complies with the attendance policy.
- Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire.
- Participates in training, in-services, and attends staff meetings as required.
- Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
PropacPayless Pharmacy seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related area plus 2 or more years of work related experience, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience.
• SHRM-CP or PHR certification helpful.
• Ability to develop rapport with a variety of personalities and maintain a calm and professional demeanor during stressful situations.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive work-related information.
• Ability to effectively prioritize a fast paced and varied workload & effectively manage a variety of shifting priorities.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal, customer service and problem resolution skills.
• Experience and knowledge of employment law, compensation practices, wage and hour law, EEO, benefit administration; experience with AAP compliance a plus
• Experience working with multi-state employer required, experience with California labor laws a plus
• Proficiency with basic office equipment and software such as MS office.
• Experience working in medium to large employer HRIS and Payroll systems. Knowledge of Paycom helpful.