- Job Title
- Optical Designer
- Job ID
- Zurich, Switzerland, CH-8803
- Other Location
The Optical Designer is to contribute towards activities within a worldwide end-to-end product development team focused on successfully developing, prototyping, and producing advanced opto-electronic components (optics + electronics + package). The position involves supporting projects through concept definition, detailed optical design, simulation and prototyping.
- Work within a worldwide multidisciplinary development team to provide optical design solutions to customer specifications.
- Define design concepts and select key optical technologies in-line with requirements.
- Optical modeling, and optical system performance simulation and verification.
- Generate product documentation including optical design specifications, and optical design performances reports.
- Perform engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Cooperate with Project Leaders to assure design to be compliant with mechanical and manufacturing ground-rules.
- Work well with diverse geographical team.
- Relevant engineering degree in optics (PhD preferred) with 2+ years industry experience.
- Strong design experience in designing imaging optics (camera lens, projection optics, etc) and at least one of the following fields: non-imaging (beam shaping, illumination, concentration, collection, sensing, micro-lenses) and wave-optics (diffractive optics, structured light, micro-lenses).
- Knowledge in optical and micro-optics technologies, materials, components, manufacturing processes, and constraints.
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement.
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
- Optical: Zemax, LightTools, other tools such as CODE V, TRACEPRO, FRED, and VirtualLab are a plus.
- Scientific: Matlab. Python is a plus.
- Data processing and statistical analysis: JMP, R, Matlab.
- Required Skills
2+ years work experience in optics
Engineering degree in optics
EU passport holder