- Job Title
- Controls Engineer
- Job ID
Overview: We are working with an organic food manufacturer in the Capital District on a Controls Engineer role! This position is being added on to their engineering team because they are growing. Our client is looking for a strong technical electrical engineer who is comfortable in a highly automated industrial setting. Please apply with us ASAP to be considered!
- Assign, review & participate in the engineering & maintenance of plant equipment, and electrical control systems
- Provide instruction in the operation, set up, maintenance troubleshooting, to ensure work quality
- Support the planning, prioritizing & reviewing the technical plans for engineering/maintenance of production equipment – including preparation of project plans and schedules
- Troubleshoot issues with Rockwell Systems
- Program PLCs, I/O Configuration, SCADA/HMI programming, computer communication systems, & network protocols
- Support development of system integration plans, specifications, & site acceptance test documents
- Coordinate with management to establish schedules for providing services, identify resources needs, allocate resources accordingly.
- Develop policies & procedures, makes recommendations for changes while monitoring work activities to ensure compliance with company standards
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in related field with 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing controls environment.
- Must come from an industrial manufacturing environment. Food manufacturing preferred, although any type of automated manufacturing experience is acceptable
- Must be very technical. Must have strong understanding of electrical control systems –preferred systems: Rockwell PLC, ControlLogix, Factory Talk, HMI applications
- Strong knowledge with electrical systems, VFD’s, machine & systems architecture & troubleshooting of equipment. Proficient with software development
- Experience with GMP standards
- Solid skills with safety requirements: design, electrical safety standards including risk assessment & circuit validation
- Strong understanding of computer network design, configuration & component selection
- Must be a problem solver and out of the box thinker
- Able to plan and execute small to mid-size projects from start to finish