Key Account Manager - Specialty Team (Houston North)
- Job Title
- Key Account Manager - Specialty Team (Houston North)
- Job ID
- Houston North, TX
- Other Location
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – Specialty Team
Houston North Territory
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search on behalf of Melinta for a Key Account Manager (KAM). This is a salaried role with Melinta with full benefits and a company car.
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four U.S. marketed products include Baxdela® (delafloxacin), Vabomere® (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv® (oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. This portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
Melinta is building a dynamic sales organization to drive adoption of Baxdela™, a medication to treat acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections in adults. The primary adoption point being integrated site of care including primary, specialty (wound, podiatry, dermatology, infectious disease, critical care, etc.), wound clinics and other locations likely to deal with patients presenting with acute bacterial skin infections. Melinta believes Baxdela™ currently in launch mode has significant benefit to patients and is a product, once adopted, that will become a product of choice.
Melinta is seeking an experienced Key Account Manager (KAM) for a field-based role responsible for engaging Podiatrists, Infectious Disease, Dermatology, Critical Care, Primary Care and other key customers within an assigned geography and presenting a clinically focused selling message to create and grow revenue and consistently deliver product goals.
Are you ready to;
- Engage Specialists (Podiatry, Infectious Disease, Dermatology, and Critical-Care) and other HCPs within assigned geographical territory and deliver clinically focused message to introduce, launch, and grow brand-share and revenue delivering on product goals?
- Collaborate with multiple company stakeholders: KAM Institution Channel counterparts, Market Access Field Team, and Brand Teams to execute the corporate objectives in defined accounts within assigned geography?
- Develop strategy and execute tactics within key accounts to generate product utilization?
- Develop strong working relationships with Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure experts and all identified specialty, primary care providers and key support staff?
- Consistently demonstrate emphasis on the “total account call” ensuring that all stakeholders are educated on commercial availability and wraparound services for Melinta’s patient assistant programs?
- Provide appropriate process, payer and specialty pharmacy support services in concert with the Market Access Team, to educate physician ofﬁces regarding coverage of Melinta products?
- Establish and maintain knowledge on the local and national payer landscape, including Specialty Pharmacy and Melinta patient assistant wraparound services for assigned products?
Collaborate and communicate with Sales, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Marketing, and Sales Administration on all needs, opportunities, Key Opinion Leader touch points, formulary changes and pull-through initiatives?
- Participate and help lead initiatives to support sales success at the local level?
- Effectively execute short- and long-term strategic plans?
- Maximize budget allocated to the assigned to support execution of strategies and tactics developed to generate and grow the business?
- Drive results by identifying key opportunities and developing strategic business action plans to enhance and grow territory business?
- Own business opportunities within the respective geographic area, which includes coordination and calling upon large group practices and other key targets to drive overall product results?
To be successful in this role, your background will include;
- 5+ years of healthcare sales experience (pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device), with 2+ years of antibiotic experience strongly preferred.
- Recent acute-care integrated sites of care sales experience with a proven track record in the assigned territory/defined accounts
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information
- Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments operating in a high degree of integrity within the compliance guidelines
- The ability to operate as a “team player” in cooperation with collaboration partners and internal colleagues to achieve common goals in a matrix environment
- A passion and learning aptitude for science including those related to, disease-state, treatment options, and healthcare trends
- Experience developing and sustaining relationships with clinical experts and office staff support personnel
- Able to adapt to changing priorities/market dynamics
- Able to function effectively in an evolving organization without all of the traditional infrastructures and the entrepreneurial mindset necessary to operate with initiative with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to travel and cover large geographical territories
- Excellent communication (written and oral), presentation, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills to ensure timelines are met, as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to establish and build relationships and rapport with a diverse customer base
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
50-75% travel. May involve some travel to conferences and/or sales meetings as necessary
It is our Client Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws worldwide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. No recruiter or agency calls please. Talent Orchard nor Melinta Therapeutics accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or learn about our other exciting opportunities on the Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #pharmaceuticals #biotech #sales #antibiotics #primarycare #antiinfectives @marylandjobs