Network Security Analyst (Contract to Hire)
- Job Title
- Network Security Analyst (Contract to Hire)
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX
- Other Location
Network Security Analyst (Contract to Hire)
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has partnered with a globally focused software and infrastructure services company to municipality customers in CA and TX on an IT security project. This is contract role to hire. Must be able to work locally in Dallas, TX. Will consider W-2, 1099 or C2C.
Overview of role:
This position manages and monitors events from internal security devices, and authentication services associated with the organization’s security controls. Incumbents will possess strong technical analytical skills while providing accurate analysis of security-related problems. They have a well-rounded networking background and are responsible for performing extensive troubleshooting of customer issues in the fast-paced SOC. This individual is user focused and works to resolve user needs in a timely manner. These needs may involve resolving hardware/software failures, investigating and responding to security threats, and making change requests to the security policy of company devices.
Responsibilities of the Security Analyst:
- Provide technical support for an on call 24×7×365 basis.
- The position will be on a shift rotation to help cover 24x7 operations. Shift schedule will be set with team.
- Handling events such as identifying user security issues, extensive troubleshooting, and coordinating resolution or restore using a variety of applications and testing tools. Events can include hardware/software failures as well as security breaches, threats, or network connectivity issues.
- Regularly provide high-level proactive technical support, including security configurations, security policy modification recommendation, and diagnostics of remote network security issues.
- Professionally and courteously answer inbound security-related calls and provide customers with the best possible customer service and experience, create tickets, fill out necessary checklist paperwork, generate trouble tickets for all work and informational requests, handle security-related user complaints, and escalate according to established procedures.
- Ensure that the company is implementing best practice security policies that address business needs while protecting vital corporate assets.
- Must be able to perform with minimal supervision of routine duties; must demonstrate ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formats; and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- It is also expected that the team member will engage with OTJ training with mentors, peers and L1 NOC personnel.
Your background will look like this:
- Education Level Preferred: Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems Special consideration given to relevant industry certifications Possess current certifications for enterprise level security platforms
- Minimum of 5 years server security experience in mid-sized to large IT organizations.
- Background in networking or security to include intrusion detection/prevention.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience with PCs, LAN topologies, routers, hubs, and terminal servers.
- Knowledge of security applications such as IDS, Security Event Management and anomaly detection tools.
- Knowledge of VPN technology.
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems/CRM.
- Understanding of the operation of test and analysis equipment such as protocol analyzers, LAN/WAN sniffers, and so on.
- Ability to read and interpret network diagrams.
- Ability to read and understand packet captures.
- Basic understanding of the OSI model.
- Strong interpersonal and user service skills. Excellent communications skills and the ability to cooperate with other business functions is a must.
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating Systems.
- Experience with processes in functional areas (i.e., trouble management, fault management, and incident management).
Preferred Certifications: (Any)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- CCNA/CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Associate/Professional)
- CGIH (Certified GIAC Incident Handler)
- GCFA (GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- Sumo Logic (User, Power user, Power Admin, and Security Power User)
- Palo Alto (PCCSA, PCNSA, PCNSE)
- Any OS level type of Certifications: Windows, Unix, Linux
- Cloud Platform Certifications including: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
@talentorchard #SecurityAnalyst #networksecurity #SOC #CEH #CCNA #CCNP #CISSP #CISM #GCIH #GCFA @dallasjobs