Senior Java Developer - Secret or Top Clearance
- Job Title
- Senior Java Developer - Secret or Top Clearance
- Job ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
Senior Java Developer
Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been contracted by a large defense contractor in their search for a Senior Java Developer to join their team in Alexandria, Virginia. Will travel to Arlington site occasionally. The successful candidate will participate in a team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management to DOD. The position involves the creation of new applications as well as modifications to existing applications.
In this role, your responsibilities will look like this:
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of software applications in a federal government personnel security product.
- Act as a developer on Jasper reports and Web enabled J2EE type applications, gathering requirements, translating business requirements to technical solutions, estimating, coding, debugging, testing, research application/software problems and determining root causes, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Follows standards based software development/engineering processes and procedures, such as CMMI, and delivers high quality components/products.
- Will also need to provide clear and timely status to management as required.
Background requirements for the role:
- US Citizenship with Active DOD Secret or Top Clearance
- Security+ certification
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Java IDE, Eclipse is a plus;
- Jasper Report tool
- Enterprise class IDE tools, WebSphere Studio Application Developer is a plus;
- SCM tools, StarTeam is a plus;
- Data modeling tools, ERWin is a plus;
- Middleware/transport layer, such as SOAP or Java RMI;
- Application servers, JBOSS or Red Hat EAP is a plus;
- Web servers, Sun Java Web Server 6.1 or higher is a plus;
- Web technologies and protocols, such as, Web Services, WSDL, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Platforms, such as Windows XP, Unix (Sun Solaris is a plus).
- Familiarity with Department of Defense personnel security issues is a plus
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in an engineering or computer field
- 5+ years of software development experience, including experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong enterprise design skills and experience in a Java based environment, including web services.
- Ability to work in contractor's environment, occasionally.
- Use of Agile skills & methodology
- Must have experience developing and testing Java applications.
- Experience of performance tuning is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases, Web application development, and Web technologies are required.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design principles, MVC concepts, and data and object models are also required.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our exciting opportunities, please visit our jobs page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #javadeveloper @secretjobs @NOVAjobs @topsecretjobs