Junior Network Technician - Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- Junior Network Technician - Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Other Location
Junior Network Technician
Colorado Springs, CO
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been contracted by a large defense contractor in their search for a Junior Network Technician to join their team in Colorado Springs, CO.
In this role, your responsibilities will look like this:
- Support day-to-day operations, escalations, ticketing and communications with customer
- Monitors and responds to technical control facility hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Interface with operations and maintenance team to ensure proper escalation during outages or period of degraded system performance.
- Troubleshoot degraded network issues and identify fix actions to restore operations.
- Assist with the analysis, installation, configuration, implementation, modification, and support of networking hardware and its monitoring systems.
- May assist with installation of terminals and associated hardware or network server support.
- Requires strong knowledge of PC/Network communications hardware/software, in a multi-protocol environment, and Juniper network management software.
- Contribute to problem solving for a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks.
- Provide back-up for customers and operations staff in scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance to include resolution of customer tickets.
- Candidate may be required to support on call duty for responding to network outages.
- Other duties as assigned
Background requirements for the role:
- Requires Active DOD Secret Clearance
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II: Current Security+ CE AND Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) or higher Juniper certification
- AA/BS degree (or similar technical field) and 3 years relevant professional experience; or commensurate education and experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with networking technologies and relevant CISCO and Juniper concepts and protocols.
- Previous experience supporting a Government and/or Department of Defense customer.
- Experience with USAF/DoD systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of F5 BIG-IP Administration
- Proficient in network monitoring/management systems familiarity
- F5 Certified Administrator or higher certification
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our exciting opportunities, please visit our jobs page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #networktechnician #Juniper #Cisco #F5 @secretjobs @coloradospringsjobs