Director of Infrastructure Operations
- Job Title
- Director of Infrastructure Operations
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI
- Other Location
Director of Infrastructure Operations
The IT team is looking for an energetic leader for the Director of the Global Command Center and NOC Operations position. This individual is responsible for ensuring all solutions function at world class performance through disciplined daily operational procedures, capacity planning, performance analysis, contingency planning and monitoring strategies. The role defines common practices, techniques, tools and principles for the daily execution of IT operational processes. IT processes are based on the ITIL framework defined by an IT Service Management (ITSM) staff. The role Director of the Global Command Center and NOC Operations has monitoring and triage responsibilities for the entire IT enterprise. The role also oversees and tracks progress on operational activities involving monitoring, preventative maintenance, assurance of IT standards compliance and impromptu environment enhancement assignments.
This individual is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Global Command Center and NOC Operations including: maintenance release planning, event communications, production system readiness, access management attestation, audits, management reports, etc. The actionable responsibilities remain with the technical delivery teams with this role providing the proper tracking structure that ensure senior leadership is aware of progress, risks and issues. This may require the implementation of new tools and processes to create a fully collaborative work experience that determines conflict and constraints through a data driven model.
The role is responsible to collaborate with peers on routine operational metric reporting of key process indicators (KPI) enabling senior leadership with data for tactical action and strategic planning. Operational reporting must illustrate staffing efficiencies or constraints, environment stability or failure points, capacity forecasts or overconsumption, process strengths or weaknesses, etc. This effort is highly collaborative across multiple teams; however, this role will drive the standard reporting requirements to present a concise, common view of the IT infrastructure landscape to senior leadership.
- Create an environment in which employees feel empowered and engaged with the work everyday
- Set priorities and validate services are delivered in a timely and efficient manner according to IT policies and standards.
- Ensure all activities are managed per IT methodology and processes
- Establish and follow incident response and break-fix triage process
- Partner with application owners to develop infrastructure strategies
- Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services by the team
- Develop engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery
- Coordinate staff planning for executing disaster recovery procedures
- Execute and provide feedback for operational policies, procedure, processes and standards
- Validate compliance to infrastructure security standards
- Monitor infrastructure capacity and performance
- Lead application severity incident to quick technical resolution
- Ensure runbooks are in place that define day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology (in the form of cross training, workshops, and knowledge sharing).
- Service Delivery Management, escalate performance issues
- Review and track root cause analysis and preventative action items
- Manage, communicate, and deliver all steady state issues to business
- Review and approve steady state SLA metrics
- Identify and drive ITIL process improvement
- Review and present operational metrics explaining business impact and risk
- Execute transition to sustain process
- Ensure SOX access control and enterprise access control activities executed per policy
- Assign workload to team and guide the team in resolving day to day technical issues
- Security Vulnerability Remediation Oversee end to end availability of all application and infrastructure components
- Act as single point of contact for IT Process Owners
- Educate and mentor business communities in the use of appropriate IT operations methodologies.
- Solid understanding of technology
- Practical application of technical methods and procedures
- Experience in complex multi-team delivery models
- Correlate environment conditions and metrics to application events
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Financial Services or auto finance experience
- Budget management Competencies
- Analytical thinking/decision making
- Sense of responsibility for the provision of stable systems to business customers
- Effective conflict management -- able to balance business "demands" with practicality
- Experience with ITIL best practices with Incident, Problem, Release, and Change Management
- Experience in a similar operations role and deep knowledge of associated processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management -- fair in dealings with vendors and business customers
- Experience working with customers and on support cases
- Bachelor of Science in a related field (e.g. Computer Science or Information Systems)