Systems Engineer (Contract)
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer (Contract)
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA
- Other Location
Systems Engineer (Contract)
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has partnered with a globally focused software and infrastructure services company to support a large transportation industry customer with a Secure File Transfer project. This is a contract role with target duration of 6-8 months or so. Must be local to Seattle, WA, and work at the client site. Will consider W-2, 1099 or C2C.
In this role, your background will look like this:
The ideal candidate will have experience in Systems Engineering to include Axway on Windows Server as well as advanced knowledge of Windows, UNIX, VMware, Security Patching, (MDM), and IT mobility management. This individual will use Axway for On-Prem DC and will handle operations activities as an Admin. Axway experience should include Secure File Transfer Program (SFTP) and File Transfer Program (FTP) on Unix. Ability to work onsite in Seattle and have solid communication skills is also required.
- Strong knowledge of File transfer (MFT) solution, Certified Administer Axway Secure Transport Admin is a plus.
- Strong experience in installation, configuration, troubleshooting, upgrade and optimize Secure Transport tool from Axway on Windows and UNIX environment.
- Strong knowledge of Middleware, QA applications on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Strong knowledge of Production Job Scheduling system
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Implementation and Support of Windows 2016, 2012, 2008 and 2003 Servers on Dell and CISCO UCS Servers.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid paced, customer facing, 24/7 production environment
- Examines any areas of IT infrastructure for improvement and suggests changes, rather than waiting for direction.
- Manage production and pre-production technology systems in a hybrid cloud/datacenter environment.
- Experience in IT security/security remediation processes is a plus
- Experience with physical servers, storage, and endpoints (Cisco UCS, NetApp storage, desktops/laptops, mobile devices etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of/experience with remote access technologies including Citrix Netscaler, Cisco AnyConnect, Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication, and VPN.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines. Strong working experience with customers, end users and colleagues. Demonstrated ability to work in both individual and team environments.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 7 to 9 years of related experience.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Certified Axway Secure Transport Admin
- PowerShell and/or Unix scripting
- Some systems integration experience is a plus
- Windows / Linux certification is a plus
- Understanding of open source tools
- Understanding of monitoring tools is a plus
- Knowledge on Cloud experience is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of network and Internet concepts (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, Web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, etc.)
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
@talentorchard #systemsengineer #axway #windowsserver @seattlejobs #SFTP