Sr. Software Engineer (.Net)
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer (.Net)
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Other Location
This Position Mainly Entails:
- Solving challenging problems in a streamlined manner;
- Working closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure that requirements are appropriately defined and documented;
- Working collaboratively in a high-performance team.
- Updating / developing Software Architecture diagram and Software Design Documents (SDD) for each project, consistent with overall architecture;
- Developing code with a streamlined architecture, which is easily maintained and compatible with supported environments;
- Creating automated tests for your code
- Participating in code reviews and backlog grooming;
- Drafting and executing test plans for your code;
- Remain current on advances in pertinent technologies (such as .NET, graphics, C++) -- to bring creativity and new advances to the application;
- Remain current on usability advances across industries in UI and navigation, to provide for a demanding user environment.
You Have Many of the Following personal qualities and skills:
- HTML5 (1 year)
- Microsoft C++/CLI and C#;
- Object oriented software design and .NET experience;
- An understanding of basic software design patterns
- Experience developing packaged software, with planned versions and releases;
- Comfortable with documenting designs and processes;
- Effective at code-review and mentoring;
- Motivated to get quality products out-the-door!
- Minimum applicable work experience of five years;
- Independent worker, but not hesitant to seek assistance when required;
- Stands for the Company’s best interest.
Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all of the above.
Pluses (optional experience and skills):
- Database experience (Microsoft Access, or Microsoft SQL Server preferred);
- OpenGL or other 3D modeling, and imaging;
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) on .NET 4.x with Visual Studio 2012 or 2015;
- DICOM experience;
- Prior medical imaging or image processing;
- Agile-influenced environments;
- Windows SDK programming;
- Experience developing user interfaces for shrink-wrap applications;
- Networking protocols (WCF, TCP/IP, Winsock);
- Familiarity with XML, JSON.