Director, Market Access - Florida
- Job Title
- Director, Market Access - Florida
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
- Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Gainesville, Melbourne, Naples, Orlando, Tampa
Director, Market Access
Infectious Disease Franchise
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four U.S. marketed products include Baxdela® (delafloxacin), Vabomere® (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv® (oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. This portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
Melinta’s Market Access team ensures the company’s products are fully utilized; delivering maximum relief for patients and optimizing results for hospital systems. An opportunity has arisen for a Market Access Director role within the team to be focused on Florida. This is a home based role, you will be provided with a company car and all necessary infrastructure for you to be successful. You will leverage your existing network of contacts within Florida hospitals and develop new relationships, to ensure success for the company and yourself.
Are you ready to:
- Lead the expansion of a ground breaking product designed to significantly reduce the cost of care and improve patient quality of life for patients with gram + skin infections?
- Take responsibility for what will be one of the two most significant regions for market access?
- Prepare for the launch of a novel antibiotic for the treatment of serious, life-threatening gram negative infections?
- Engage with customers, primarily within the hospital, physician office and home infusion environments, to ensure they have the information and tools to assess the value of the company’s products and how to realize appropriate reimbursement?
- Ensure customers truly understand the potential economic impact associated with a product that is such an elegant and different solution to a critical medical challenge?
- Work for a growing mid-size Biotech where a sense of employee ownership and commitment to the mission enables employees to feel both valued and impactful every day?
- Know that the work you do has an immediate and significant impact on the long-term success of your company, in support of one of the most critical products within the company portfolio?
Do you want to:
- Join a highly impactful national team dedicated to enhancing market access for a suite of innovative infectious disease treatments? These products include drugs recent to market and others in development, all with strong patent durations.
- Work from your home office and travel throughout Florida, for our Infectious Disease solutions?
- Partner closely with Sales teams in your territory to help customers understand how the company’s Infectious Disease solutions impact the economics of their business?
- Provide customers, including hospitals, physician offices and home infusion providers, with specific information to improve their ability to receive appropriate reimbursement for the use of the product?
- Use your expert knowledge of the Florida market to identify and prioritize opportunities to work with local commercial payers to minimize barriers to reimbursement and patient access for Melinta’s Infectious Disease solutions?
- Use your knowledge of Market Access and ideally Infectious Disease treatment, including infused antibiotics, to position the product effectively with customers?
Your background will look like this:
- Degree in life sciences, economics or business with an advanced degree in one of these fields preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or device industry, with at least 2 years in a field-based Market Access role, preferably within the Florida region.
- Experience launching products in the hospital/clinical environment.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. Market Access landscape and its impact on hospitals and physician office-based practices, as well as the business of hospitals, physician-owned infusion centers and home infusion providers.
It is our Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. No recruiter or agency calls please. Melinta Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.