Identity & Access Tech. Manager - (IAM)
- Job Title
- Identity & Access Tech. Manager - (IAM)
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
The Identity and Access Management Technology Manager position is a member of the Information Protection and Risk Management (IPRM) team and reports to a Director of Identity and Access Management Engineering. The Manager works with a team to design and implement identity and access management technologies to meet specific security requirements. The Manager also defines processes to ensure a secure environment is maintained.
- The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Technology Manager is a subject matter expert (SME) on one or more security technologies within the identity and access management discipline.
- Under direction from the Director and in line with stated strategic objectives, the CST Engineer will conduct industry research, explore the products available on the market to meet the requirements, OR devise a plan to build a solution internally.
- The IAM Tech Manager will assist management in creating business cases to obtain project funding.
- The IAM Tech Manager will work with project managers and other project resources to successfully implement projects on time and on budget.
- The IAM Tech Manager will also be responsible for ongoing incremental engineering required to continuously achieve the best coverage and operation of the technology, and as the SME, will assist in troubleshooting system degradations and outages if required.
- Some (but not all) of the technology sets the role will be primarily involved with are as follows:
- Identity management solutions, including cloud solutions Identity directories Single sign-on and federated authentication systems Privileged identity monitoring/privileged access monitoring Identity-as-a-service solutions Multi-factor authentication solutions Identity governance solutions
- Minimum of five years of information security specific experience with IAM technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining IAM platforms of various types.
- Experience with managing and controlling privileged access and identities
- Unix administration background is a strong plus
- Active directory administration background is a strong plus
- Agile team experience, particularly Product Owner experience is a strong plus
- Ability to document security governance processes and procedures in team runbook or playbook.
- Ability to perform data analysis using standard office productivity software.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or relevant field of study heavily preferred.
- CISSP, CISM or CISA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of current cyber security threats and techniques, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current cyber security products.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with a strong attention to detail.