- Job Title
- ROI Specialist
- Job ID
- Maitland, FL
- Other Location
The Release of Information Specialist fulfills release requests of medical records in accordance with state and federal laws. Adheres to the Florida Hospital policies and procedures, to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Microsoft Windows
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
• Review’s request to ensure ALL elements are present and requestor is legally authorized to obtain medical records in accordance with all HIPAA , federal and state laws related to release of information.
• Facilitates and processes the request for information via the electronic health record, microfilm or paper medical record validating the appropriateness of each document for the fulfillment of the request.
• Identifies documents in the medical record and appropriate location in the electronic health record, microfilm, or paper medical record to communicate with customers providing them with information in a clear and concise manner
• Identifies customer requesting information and ensures exact address and identifying information is documented via web based tracking system.
• Initiates and secures all fee approvals as defined by ROI department guidelines
• Maintains productivity and quality standards in accordance with current ROI department standards
• Researches customer concerns in a timely fashion and articulates in a professional manner current status, possible means of resolution; involving ROI management team as needed.
• Provides back-up coverage to receptionist to include answering of phones, greeting of customers, and providing direction and information to building visitors.
• Performs others duties as assigned
• Answers the phone timely and aids the customers in accurate and timely release of information using the HEALS method.
Campus Onsite Representative
• Adheres to defined schedules and expectations as defined by HIM management. Greets and assists onsite customer’s with appropriate assistance for completion of documentation needed to obtain requested information