Tier 2 Systems Engineer - Secret
- Job Title
- Tier 2 Systems Engineer - Secret
- Job ID
- Fort Meade, MD
- Other Location
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Tier 2 Systems Engineer with Secret Clearance
Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work.We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges.Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions.We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further.To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter
.Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Tier 2 Systems Engineer
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Accept and update tickets from Tier 1 serviced desk - Debug AWS issues including compute, network, Storage, RDS, etc, and debug operating systems issues on Linux and Windows
- Modifies compute, networks, and/or storage parameters and any other AWS related offerings as needed to fulfill program needs
- Documents designs and changes to environments in Jira and/or Confluence as a record and to communicate information to other team members
- Monitor AWS environment and systems, configuring alerts for out of bound conditions, responding to issues before Tier 1 service desk involvement
- Works on cross functional self organizing teams as needed to collaborate in solving IT issues or implementing solutions to program requirements
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding all aspects of system
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience with AWS and Linux - AWS Cloud Architect certification
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledgeable about AWS infrastructure and service offerings, AWS billing and tools used to determine accrued costs.
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) preferred
- Strong problem solving and communication skills are a must