Sr Microsoft Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr Microsoft Engineer
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL
- Other Location
The Sr. Microsoft Engineer is responsible for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the Microsoft infrastructure supporting our systems. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and known best practices. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the company; ensuring technical processes are deployed in a sustainable manner and efficient manner. The individual should have a proven track record of being actively sought out by other team members for their technical advice.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft System Center suite of products
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory design and Group Policy Administration
- Knowledge of core Infrastructure services and functions (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.)
- Proven track record of managing an Enterprise wide Software Deployment strategy using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Ability to build, maintain, and deploy standardized, current images of various Operating Systems on multiple HW platforms
- Ability to design, support, and update a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Knowledge of and successful participation in an Enterprise wide monitoring solution with a focus on root cause analysis and incident resolution
- Microsoft Hyper-V, VDI and other virtualization technologies are highly desired
- Proven track record resolving escalated application, operating system, deployment, and hardware issues
- Provide documentation on installation and configuration procedures
- Ability to participate in multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- The ability to design, configure and monitor highly available solutions
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum of 10+ years' of experience with at least 7 years in an IT role focusing relevant Microsoft technologies.
- 5 years' experience working with Active Directory
- 5 years' experience focused on Enterprise Monitoring technologies, specifically Microsoft SCOM
- 5 years' experience with Virtualization configuration, support, deployment
- 5 years' experience with OS imaging, maintenance and deployment
- 5 years' experience with various SW deployment methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Networking
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong written communication skills, including technical writing.
- Ability to solve problems involving remote and elusive symptoms often spanning multiple environments in a business area.
- Ability to be a team player; flexible, friendly, congenial and enthusiastic.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project