Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
- Job Title
- Account Manager
- Requisition ID
- Los Angeles, CA
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2018 Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and Baa1 by Moody's.
Title: Account Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Account Manager is responsible for representing Essent to small and midsized lenders using a risk centric approach with a goal of delivering value added credit enhancement solutions and driving profitable business.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Work in collaboration with clients, operations and credit policy to manage the coordination of product, pricing and credit implementation programs for correspondent lenders.
- Call on branches of large national accounts where the MI decision is decentralized and made at the branch and/or regional processing centers.
- Identify market opportunities, structures and penetration strategies for new products, and programs that will help differentiate Essent in the market.
- Train/educate clients regarding new programs, rates, products or initiatives.
- Work closely with external clients and internal departments on various projects including delivery implementation, program rollouts, collateral and presentation materials.
- Focus on profitability and mutually beneficial arrangements to create sustainable alignment of interests.
- Identify “low cost to originate” strategies to implement across various lenders.
- Attend client meetings, conferences, and events promoting Essent’s product offerings.
- Document all sales calls in our CRM (Sugar) as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant business development experience within the financial services, mortgage, secondary markets, capital markets or mortgage insurance industries.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Demonstrated history of leadership and ability to drive strategic initiatives from concept to completion.
- Account Managers must obtain a license and be appointed by Essent as a representative (as may be required by the state) in the state in which they reside as well as in each state in which they sell, solicit or negotiate mortgage insurance, be it a principal place of business or a branch office.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and presentations skills required
- Demonstrated personal initiative, strong work ethic and entrepreneurial skills, the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and get the work done.
- Significant travel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrates good planning and time management skills
- Applies analytical techniques to identify and resolve problems
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding skills
- Demonstrates effective management techniques providing sound direction, and encouraging growth and initiative
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.