Dairy Plant Manager
- Job Title
- Dairy Plant Manager
- Job ID
Dairy Plant Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage plant production operations & establish production priorities to ensure product is produced efficiently & within cost parameters while maintaining quality/sanitation standards
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, sales, distribution, maintenance & quality control to obtain optimum production
- Contribute to the development of plant production & quality standards as well as budget & cost controls.
- Review & analyze production, quality control, maintenance & operational reports to determine causes of non-conformity with product specifications, or operating or production problems.
- Compile & analyze raw product cost data to identify & minimize excessive costs.
- Supervise plant engineering activities to minimize operating costs & recommend appropriate equipment & operational changes as needed.
- Manage directly or through subordinate personnel, plant employees so that effective management/union working relationships are sustained. Conduct hearings to resolve grievances.
- Work alongside direct reports as a coach & partner to effectively manage their performance.
- Provide on-going performance feedback & conduct performance conversations with direct reports. Hold direct/indirect reports accountable for results & work with them to cultivate their capabilities and utilize their strengths.
- Support/follow the company safety & health policy. Maintain & implement up to date programs, policies & communication at regular staff meetings. Provide leadership for safety & enforce safety rules in accordance with established disciplinary policy. Adhere to the company RTW program and evaluate safety responsibilities of direct reports.
- Support/follow the company SQF program. Maintain & implement up to date SQF procedures & communicate to staff on a regular basis. Provide leadership for SQF & enforce the rules in accordance with the established program.
- 5+ years management experience
- Bachelors degree & 8+ years of experience in dairy and/or food production OR HS diploma & 12+ years of experience in dairy and/or food production
- Working knowledge of union contracts & obligations, and ability to work effectively with bargaining unit employees.
- Strong working knowledge of general business concepts & practices, especially as they relate to dairy business.
- Strong working knowledge of dairy industry production practices, processes, regulations and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make and implement personnel decisions critical to subordinates, pay and productivity levels and employment statuses.
- Strong leadership skills (mentoring, training, any necessary discipline, etc.)