Sr. Business Analyst (Warehouse Management Software Implementations)
- Job Title
- Sr. Business Analyst (Warehouse Management Software Implementations)
- Job ID
- Livonia, MI 48150
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Business Analyst (Warehouse Management Software Implementations)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Business Analyst, Warehouse Management Software is responsible for participating in the planning, development, maintenance, and enhancement of the functional areas of our Supply Chain suite of Applications including our Warehouse Management (JDA), Transportation Management (TMC), our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) and various API and EDI integration solutions. The Business Analyst, WMS will access business objectives and design business processes in such a way that they may be effectively modeled, configured and measured within the application environment. The Business Analyst, WMS will take the created model, develop a solution, test the solution, train the solution and work with business stakeholders and IT members to implement the solution.
- Provide business analysis and process design expertise in Transportation Management, Warehouse Management and Supply Chain Logistics functional areas including the analysis, and redesign of application package functions and processes
- Assist in the formulation of and definition of application scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems
- Communicate application package capabilities/possibilities
- Develop business relationships with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support efforts
- Monitor and report on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Foster and maintain good relationships with internal customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute appropriate unit (functional), integration and volume tests to ensure successful implementation
- Ability to identify issues, identify potential solutions, document said solutions, develop/configure solution, test solution, train solution, initially support solution, and handoff support to end user services.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Point of contact to internal users for assigned projects
- Work on multiple, complex IT projects independently
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or MIS / Business Administration
- Three years’ experience in software/application development with Microsoft Visual Studio/.NET required
- Experience as a Senior Business or Technical Analyst, IT Product Manager or comparable preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of software planning/documenting/testing/analyzing products
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Warehousing and Logistics.
- Experience documenting and developing ANSI X12 EDI maps and working with AS2/VAN configurations.
- Proficiency required in ASP, .NET, C# and SQL Servers with some understanding/experience in Microsoft Dynamics Nav 2009 an asset.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use SQL and related tools for data analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be detail-oriented
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications