Director of Platform Management
- Job Title
- Director of Platform Management
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28269
- Other Location
Director of Platform Management
The Director & Platform Management provides technology operations direction and oversight to a modern data and analytics environment across. The data operating environment includes relational databases and data applications, a Cloudera Hadoop-based enterprise Data Lake, master data management capabilities, advanced analytics, machine learning, AI capabilities, data APIs, a customer interaction hub, self-service data lake tools, analytics and business intelligence (BI) tools, rules engines, and more. We seek a highly efficient and effective data technology operating environment that supports both batch and real-time applications and a growing number of advanced data applications, hosted in both on-premises data centers and in the cloud. The Director will manage typical ITIL processes include platform monitoring, storage/CPU/memory/network performance, application-level performance, data throughput, capacity management and capacity expansion, incident management, DR/BCP management, etc. The Director will engage in platform enhancements, patching, performance tuning, infrastructure coordination, security reviews, and other functions. The Director will be a key contributor and leader to the group-wide planning and adoption of DevOps maturity as well. Furthermore, the candidate will manage an organization of technically skilled individuals, and invest time and energy in cultivating a high-performing tech operations team with skill depth & breadth, appropriate human capacity to address near-term and anticipated growth in demand, and appropriate talent and succession planning.
- Create and sustain a reliable and highly performant data ecosystem both for on-premises technologies and cloud-based solutions.
- Monitor data platform availability, usage, performance using a wide array of tools and techniques include uptime monitoring, data transit monitoring, end-to-end monitoring, synthetic transaction monitoring, and many others.
- Leverage advanced analytics to predict failure modes.
- Anticipate demand for data platform capacity by managing a business/tech stakeholder outreach function to capture growth trends in users, evolving usage patterns, and new applications and technologies that will place future demand on the enterprise data platforms.
- Manage the implementation of new capacity (storage, CPU, memory, network, licenses, etc.) in partnership with the Engineering & Operations organization and Enterprise Architecture.
- Support and contribute to standards in Engineering & Operations and Enterprise Architecture.
- Manage data platform incidents from rapid detection through resolution, including root cause analysis and application refactoring/remediation.
- Maintain a thorough and descriptive set of communications to inform stakeholders in a timely and relevant way of incidents, remediation plans, actions, and status.
- Articulate the technical issues clearly to business and technology stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead disaster recovery and business continuity planning and exercises as they relate to enterprise data infrastructure and systems.
- Work closely with software/data delivery leaders in the organization to achieve our goals of an Agile operating model powered by excellent engineering practices, with significant automation and full use of DevOps, in a way that allows both the rapid delivery of data capabilities while also being very well managed, resilient, and secure.
- Support internal and external audit and compliance programs including audits, testing / evidence, management and remediation of self-identified issues, and remediation of any findings.
- Management and remediation of vulnerabilities, security exceptions, and other items.
- BS and 10+ years of work technology experience or equivalent work experience.
- Broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to sustain technology solutions with an operational excellent mindset.
- Solid understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle, ITIL, and support processes.
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business impact of issues surrounding our technology infrastructure.
- Ability to develop divisional and enterprise guidelines and standards for excellent technology operations.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively translate technical information for consumptions by business and technology stakeholders.
- Effective stakeholder management -- fair and balanced in dealings with vendors and internal technology partners.
- Confident, self-starter - demonstrates initiative and influence.