Sr. Systems Engineer/End User Infrastructure & Experience Lead - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems Engineer/End User Infrastructure & Experience Lead - Contract
- Job ID
- Livonia, MI 48150
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer/End User Infrastructure & Experience Lead
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Sr. Systems Engineer/End User Infrastructure & Experience Lead will collaborate and innovate in defining user experience through infrastructure applications. The End User Infrastructure Specialist will be responsible for collaborating and contributing to the end-to-end user experience. Development or review of design documents, SOP, Runbooks, best practices, communication, and templates. Success in this position requires developing customer and cross functional team relationships, ensuring end user satisfaction, proficient communication skills (written and verbal), and a commitment to successful results through the cooperation of others. You will be a member of a team that spans all company locations in the US and Canada. As a member of that team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the company’s end user infrastructure technology roadmap.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all employees: be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
- Act as user experience proponent/advocate.
- Work with teams and external partners to ensure high level planning and design documents are in line with the user experience vision, standards and guidelines.
- Manage interactions and dependencies between internal and external working teams, and coordinate delivery with Project Manager leading inter-dependent project streams.
- Oversee the translation of high level designs and plans into detailed design deliverables.
- Manage issues and risks from a user experience standpoint through all phases.
- Provide user experience solution advice and planning at all levels as required.
- Lead projects prioritized in IT Roadmap.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience administering and providing end-user IT support for Microsoft Windows 10 operating system.
- Well-versed with administration, troubleshooting and management of Windows Server Operating systems Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Working with the IT team to effectively manage the Active Directory Forest and ensure the uninterrupted functionality of all core services such as DNS, DHCP, File Services, Print Services, Group Policies, Replication, DFS, WSUS, SSO, File Server and Windows Terminal Server etc.
- Ensuring the highest level of security for inbound mail including scanning for virus, malware, impersonation attacks, etc. and that compliance to industry best practices is followed. Experience with Microsoft ATP.
- Working experience on Microsoft Cloud technologies including Office 365, Azure, various applications in O365 - Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Power BI, Flow and Planner etc.
- Manage and administer the Office 365 portal, applications, user issues, provide troubleshooting support and work with various user groups to design and provide solutions around these applications.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering, configuration, administration, maintenance and support of Microsoft Intune and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Design and implement business applications/packages into the Intune and SCCM application framework.
- Provide extensive troubleshooting in the installation and configuration of Intune and SCCM; diagnose Intune desktop deployment issues and perform root cause analyses.
- Design and implement software packaging and patching strategies for windows desktops.
- Remediate issues through controlled and organized incident management processes.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 end-user and systems support.
- Provide first hand Executive support, user training and self-help documentation.
- Provide IT operational documentation and training for Help Desk and Desktop personnel on new implementations.
- College degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- Five years’ experience providing IT support required.
- Three years’ experience in Office 365 and SCCM administration required.
- Certifications in Microsoft technologies preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in Office 365
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for creating business cases, budgets etc.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Typical office environment.
- On-call availability for 24x7 for emergency support situations.
- Some off hour scheduled maintenance work to perform production system changes.