Network Engineer - Austin, TX
- Job Title
- Network Engineer - Austin, TX
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Austin, TX
- Other Location
Network Engineer – Austin, TX
Company is seeking a Network Engineer to assist in the build and maintenance of Company's core data network infrastructure. As Network Engineer, you will help utilize the capabilities of our current network to accommodate our future growth, leverage new technologies to improve reliability and scale, and enact solutions to issues that arise.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker yet a disciplined engineer, relying on both experience and intuition to make good decisions and qualified judgments. We are looking for someone who has a great positive attitude, highly intelligent, motivated to learn and grow within the organization. If you are an overachiever and want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, then consider a career at this company.
- Provide technical support for network connectivity for both on premises data centers and interoperability of cloud related connectivity solutions
- Monitors the networking queue and ensures tickets are assigned and tickets owned are resolved as quickly as possible and within the SLA
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas, WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security, internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure
- Performs network maintenance, upgrades and refreshes by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Perform interoperability testing with internal and external network relevant vendors
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation to ensure it is updated and current
- Configure and troubleshoot network component, routers, switches, optical transport, and other network equipment
- Maintains a healthy network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency
- Work with the business side to understand their objectives and account for them in the system design
- Work with internal and external 3rd party vendors i.e. software and systems engineering teams to understand and implement technical requirements
- Configure and manage DHCP, access-lists, and VLANs
- Configure and manage OSPF and BGP protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot VMware virtualized network components
- Participant of a rotating on-call schedule
- Five or more years hands-on networking experience
- Must possess excellent working knowledge of design & implementation experience for data networking, routing & switching, subnetting and network segmenting with large scale enterprise network
- Must possess a working knowledge in common Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools
- Exposure to automation and IaC tooling, such as Ansible Tower, Rundeck, Terraform, etc.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies (MPLS, OSPF, BGP, PIM, EIGRP)
- Experience working collaboratively with Engineering Directors, SysOps, DevOps, SREs, and Administrators
- Experience working with datacenters, 3rd party vendors, and IaaS vendors
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions for Members.
- Strong communicator able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical audience
- Self-motivated with enthusiasm and ability to develop technical skills and take on additional responsibilities in order to add value to departmental and Company's mission and goals
- Unix administration experience a plus
- Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365
- BS in Technical or Engineering field (or equivalent) preferred (or work experience in lieu if education)
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher in Routing and Switching and/or Wireless Networking
- Network/Security certifications a plus
- VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) a plus
Base $80k - $125k
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.
- Required Skills