City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Medical Secretary/Receptionist- South County
- Job Title
- Medical Secretary/Receptionist- South County
- Job ID
- Wakefield, RI
- Other Location
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is ready to work in a fast-paced medical practice in Providence RI.
This role is responsible for administrative duties but also plays a crucial role in establishing and providing superior patient care and service.
Responsibilities of the Medical Secretary/Receptionist- South County:
- Performs all daily administrative duties including answering multi-line phone system, pulling and preparing charts, filing, faxing, and copying.
- Intake of patients: welcoming patients, gathering patient demographic and insurance information, coordinating prescriptions and referrals, preparing paper and electronic charts.
- Scheduling and confirming patient appointments
- Working closely with the providers to facilitate optimum patient care and communication.
- Verifying patient insurance benefits and explaining insurance billing requirements
- Collecting patient copays and assisting the billing office in the collection of patient balances
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Medical Secretary/Receptionist- South County:
• 1 + years medical front office experience
• Proficient in computer skills, as well as Office Suite
• Ability to multi-task and to be extremely organized
• Basic knowledge of insurance
• Proficiency in basic medical terminology
• Knowledge of HIPPA policies and procedures
• Candidate must be team-oriented and must possess great communication skills
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Required Skills
- admin duties
- verifying patient insurance