Senior Data Scientist - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job Title
- Senior Data Scientist - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job ID
- Chantilly, VA
- Other Location
Senior Data Scientist (Technical Specialist)
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been contracted by a large defense contractor in their search for a Senior Data Scientist (Technical Specialist) to join their team in Chantilly, Virginia.
In this role, your responsibilities will look like this:
- Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured cyber security and related data.
- Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases.
- Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data. Requires strong technical and computational skills - engineering, physics, mathematics.
- Has the ability to utilize advanced tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Visualize information using a range of tools, developing scripts & algorithms, creating explanatory models addressing cyber domain expertise
- Explore leading analytics approaches and methods to improve model-driven methodology concepts
- Lead initiatives to develop and refine collections and analytic methods, collaborating with analysts
- Provide innovative analytics solutions for highly complex data challenges
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large datasets
- Develop and maintain data quality metrics and measures
- Identify trends, solve analytical problems, optimize performance, and develop results through appropriate data analytics techniques (data mining and retrieval)
- Develop and show value of analytics
- Develop and apply methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to build and enhance products and processes
- Conduct data mining and retrieval and apply statistical and mathematical analyses to identify trends, solve analytical problems, optimize performance, and gather intelligence
Background requirements for the role:
- US Citizenship with Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Must be eligible for DHS Suitability
- 12-15 years with BS/BA; 10-13 years with MS/MA; or 7-9 years with Ph.D.
- BS in Data Science, software engineering, or related technical discipline (Engineering or IT) preferred
- Relevant Data Scientist / Architect / Engineering Professional credentials, academic certification, and /or training
- One or more of these certifications: INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP, Agile (Data Analytics area as well)
- Familiarity with working on SAFe agile projects
- Ability to develop descriptive, predictive, or prescriptive analytics to make sense of structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of cloud/virtual content architectures, data standards & workflows, and best practices
- Experience in system activity and data modeling, information flow / transactional process analysis, business methods, and performance measurements techniques
- Strong oral, writer, and presentation skills
- Prior experience with ERWin or other data modeling tools (desired)
- Familiarity with data analytic and presentation tools such as Tableau
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our exciting opportunities, please visit our jobs page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #DATASCIENTIST #dataanalytics @topsecretjobs @NOVAjobs @tsscijobs