Option 2: Create a New Profile
Server - Kooky Canuck, Downtown Memphis (2/26/19)
- Job Title
- Server - Kooky Canuck, Downtown Memphis (2/26/19)
- Job ID
- Memphis, TN 38103
- Other Location
Kooky Canuck - Memphis, TN
Part-time / Full-Time
We’re looking for positive, upbeat, friendly people who want to be part of a fun restaurant environment.
- Greet guests and present them with the menu, inform guests of specials, menu changes, suggest and answer questions regarding food, beverages, and service.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and relay orders to kitchen staff and bartender as appropriate.
- Process guests’ orders to ensure all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
- Communicate with host/hostess, bus persons, kitchen staff, and bartender to coordinate entire station and ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service.
- Serve courses from kitchen and service areas promptly
- Observe diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service, respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
- Assist team with various side work assignments.
- Conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Ability to participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of the sequence of service and dining room procedures, generally involving a minimum of six (6) months of experience.
- Must be customer sensitive and possess a sense of timing so that different courses may be served at the proper time.
- Communication Skills: Communication is key to server jobs. You will need to listen to the customer's order, relay it to the cooks, tell customers about specials, and more. You will need great listening and speaking skills to create a great dining experience for customers.
- Customer Service: A dissatisfied customer is not going to tip. A friendly, relaxing demeanor, courteousness, and quick service will help you get repeat customers.
- Good Memory: Big, complicated orders happen. You will have to remember food and drink specials, what food the kitchen is out of this week, who ordered what, and that kid at table 16 keeps needing root beer refills. A great memory will help.
- Stamina: Long, busy days on your feet are the trademark of a server job.
- Teamwork: Servers are part of a team. You will be working with other servers, busboys, bartenders and cooks to make a great dining experience. Being a team player is essential.
- Cleanliness: Nobody wants their food delivered by a slob. Being clean and neat when serving food and drinks will help create a great first impression to your customers.
- Required Skills
General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Resolving Conflict, Teamwork, Persistence, Energy Level, Selling to Customer Needs, Thoroughness, Professionalism, Client Relationships