Quality Assurance Manager
- Job Title
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Job ID
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
- Maintain company’s HACCP programs
- Manage department activities & execute as per quality assurance programs.
- Responsible for hiring and training of employees; planning & assigning work; appraising performance; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Coordinate with other departments, suppliers & external customers on quality results, issues & requirements.
- Manage, write & maintain all customer specifications.
- Review quality assurance reports, production reports, testing reports & otherdepartmental reports.
- Organize internal audits & prepare for external audits.
- Coordinate product release & Certificate of Compliance & Analysis for customers.
- Manage the incoming material control program.
- Manage the QA Hold program of raw materials, production rejects, & customer returns.
- Invest & resolve customer complaints.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis for quality or food safety deviations.
- Write corrective action plans for RCA & deviations.
- Monitor the company’s sanitation program.
- Monitor laboratory activities & supplies.
- Laboratory Supervision & scheduling of laboratory personnel.
- Enforce compliance with company GMP guidelines to ensure food safety, safe work practices
- Act as the QA lead in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
- Report all safety, quality, issues, & deviations to upper management.
- Comply with all Plant, State, Federal, OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, & SQF guidelines and regulations for food safety, quality, & employee safety.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years with aseptic food/beverage experience
- Associates degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience in biochemistry and food service.
- Must have SQF or BRC audit experience.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer experience.