- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
We are working with a national food manufacturing company in the Greater Pittsburgh, PA area and they are looking for a Production Supervisor to supervise their drying department. Our client offers a generous salary and benefits. Relocation assistance is offered for the right candidate!
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Monitor plant operations & report to management.
- Assure that product conforms to company & customer specifications.
- Oversee plant sanitation.
- Staffing, training, scheduling & evaluating plant employees.
- Assure plant equipment is maintained as required.
- Maintain plant & production records.
- Oversee operation & maintenance of boilers.
- Monitor inventory levels of supplies.
- Contribute to planning & coordination of plant projects.
- Work with Regulatory & Customer Inspectors.
- Participate in & promote safety programs.
- Responsible for waste management.
- Develop and manage KPI’s and budgets for the Whey Dryer.
- Perform Whey Department Supervisor’s duties when necessary (vacations, absence, etc.)
- Performs other duties or assignments as directed
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- High School Diploma accepted, Degree preferred
- Must have 5+ years of production supervisory experience
- Food manufacturing experience required, dairy and/or cheese manufacturing experience a plus
- Needs to have strong communication and leadership skills
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment background, drug and criminal screens