PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – Electromechanical (Pumps & Valves)
- Job Title
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – Electromechanical (Pumps & Valves)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – Electromechanical
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Design and development of electromechanical pumps and/or valves.
- Initiate and/or support design and development of electromechanical pumps and/or valves.
- Electromechanical product components design and integration into a comprehensive system.
- Design valves, pump impellers and volutes using pump hydraulic design calculations, actual sample testing, interpreting computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element analysis (FEA).
- Insure all customer performance and durability specifications and requirements are met.
- Support component and end item manufacturing process development and optimization. Parts and systems are to be designed for manufacturing.
- Initiate and support engineering verification (EV), design validation (DV) and production validation (PV) product testing.
- Support product prototype builds.
- Support purchasing with the supplier selection process.
- Support product cost estimating efforts.
- Minimum 3 years of electromechanical device design and testing experience. Experience in BLDC and brushed motor design a significant plus.
- Experience in pump hydraulic design and development (primarily centrifugal) a plus.
DEGREE: Bachelors Degree Engineering or (higher)
- Ability to apply and use engineering knowledge and experience in the design and development of electromechanical devices.
- Practical and working knowledge of valve and centrifugal pump design.
- Knowledge of BLDC and brushed motor design.
- Knowledge in FEA a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D Solidworks CAD a plus.
- Practical and working knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes such as: injection molding, complex assembly, die casting and machining.
- Skilled in GD&T.
- Practical working knowledge of: FMEA, APQP, PPAP, and DV & PV testing.
- Ability to understand and apply automotive powertrain engineering specifications.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have a self starting, proactive and resourceful mindset.
- Good analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Able to understand customer functional and packaging needs and design/develop cost effective solutions.
- Ability to work alone and in a team to determine optimal, robust engineering designs and materials for various products, applications and system components.
- Ability to simultaneously engineer products with consideration to and involvement of manufacturing engineering such that the products are designed for cost effective, robust manufacturing process.
- Must be capable of evaluating various supplier processes and select those optimal for the product.
- Able to determine required EV, DV and PV testing to prove-out/validate designs.
- Limited travel required to suppliers, customer, and manufacturing plants during launch.