Test Development Engineer
- Job Title
- Test Development Engineer
- Job ID
- Chantilly, VA
- Other Location
The ideal candidate has experience in working with government customers and will be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with test system modifications or new development to prepare for implementation.
- Create test harnesses/automation frameworks using Java; testing of developer’s applications; and installing, configuring, and administering applications that automate testing.
- Develop automated testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, security, and usability. Develop automated test scenarios using Cucumber, Serenity with Java programming language.
- Work with Git Version Control System
- Embrace Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) fully
- Collaborate closely the requirement, development, information assurance, and operations teams.
- Support test events including system, integration, independent verification & validation, and user acceptance tests - Attend Project Agile Sprint daily stand-up meetings, customer meetings, and other team meetings
- Work in a Scrum team – participate all Scrum ceremonies (daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Review, Retro, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the requirement team and the development team in creating automated test scenarios
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with solution’s function, output, online screen, or content
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Document software defects, using JIRA bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers Research and Development
- Research, develop, install, and configure tools to improve testing and quality efforts Operation and Maintenance:
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Maintain and upkeep the implemented test automation suite on a release basis
- Manage source code repositories, JIRA, and Jenkins instances
- Detail-oriented, quick learner with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building
- Familiarity with information security
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices - DHS experience
- Proficiency with open source automation tools (Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Gherkin) in a Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) style approach (1+ year)
- Assist in coding an automated framework in a TDD/BDD style approach
- Proficiency with Java programming language (2+ years)
- Experienced with Continuous Integration with tool such as Jenkins CI, Bamboo, etc. (1+ year)
- Experience with build tools (Maven)
- Experience with scripting in one or more languages (UNIX based scripting, Python) (2 + years)
- Experience with SCM solutions such as (Git, GitLab)
- Experience working in Agile environment, working with methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with using IDEs such as Eclipse with various plugins like Maven
EDUCATION / TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or related field required with 5-8 years of experience required in software design and software programming.