Special Education SETSS Provider - (SWD 7-12)
- Job Title
- Special Education SETSS Provider - (SWD 7-12)
- Job ID
- Manhattan, NY
- Other Location
We currently have an several Special Education cases available in Queens. Numerous During & After School case loads. Please submit your resume for IMMEDIATE consideration.
All areas of expertise needed - Math, Science, ELA, CKELA, Writing, and Literacy/Reading
You will be contacted by our SETSS Recruiter, Sue Cruz.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of teaching various subjects, child growth and development, and effective instructional practices K-12.
- Continuously monitor progress of students in order to adjust instructional practice and student grouping.
- Assess the needs of students so as to convey your assessment to classroom teachers, parents, and special educators or speech teachers.
- Monitor the growth of lower achieving students using formal and informal measures and communicate with parents in regards to their child's reading progress.
- Provide support to the team, setting goals and planning interventions for students struggling with academic and/or behavioral issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with classroom teachers regarding alignment between classroom instruction and intervention
- Monitor students' progress toward goals through formal and informal assessments and observations; assist teachers in implementing interventions.
- Must have one of the following:
- NY State Transitional-B/Initial/Professional/Permanent Students with Disabilities Certification (Grades specific) or Reading Literacy
- ***NO OTHER CERTIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED***
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Special Education or Reading Literacy
- Possibly have some training in Orton-Gillingham, Wilson Reading System, Fundations, Lindamood-Bell etc.
- No DOE employees. Former DOE employees must be out of the system for on year to be considered.