Infrastructure Engineer (Virtualization Storage & Compute) - Contract
- Job Title
- Infrastructure Engineer (Virtualization Storage & Compute) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, 48104
- Other Location
Title: Infrastructure Engineer (Virtualization Storage & Compute)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Administrate ESX/VMWare, Cisco UCS, Pure Flash SAN, Multi OS, VMWare Horizons VDI Environments
- Utilize monitoring tools to manage capacity and develop reporting to the business and team regarding resource consumption.
- Support internal development, E-Commerce, and Web teams in the implementation of content and applications supporting customers and stores.
- Analyzes business needs, gathers requirements, designs and develops technical solutions, provides detailed implementation plans and documentation. Implements the solution, provides training and handoff to support teams.
- Respond to down server, storage, and LAN/WAN situations and alerts generated by monitoring systems to ensure enterprise system health.
- Document in detail system architectures for the purpose of Disaster Recovery
- Gathers and provides statistical data for regular executive reporting
- Receives escalated issues and is the last level of support (level 4) for troubleshooting networks, VPN, servers and other network equipment.
- Provides detailed root cause analysis (RCA) documentation in the event of a system or process failure.
Server Infrastructure Upgrade Fabric & Blades.
VDI Environment growth and support.
vRealize implementation and reporting management
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Advanced Certification in relevant technologies (Cisco/EMC/Microsoft/VMWare).
• Advanced scripting experience (UNIX shell scripting / MS PowerShell).
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve system outages.
• Demonstrated ability with automation and continual process improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to document systems and processes.
• 5+ years enterprise system support experience.
• Ability to cover 24x7 on rotational basis.
• Ability to work monthly downtimes.